Chapter 2

Liam, Louis, Niall, Harry, and I were sitting in the kitchen eating lunch while we caught up in each other's lives. Zayn was at his flat not wanting to hear our decision until later.

"So," Liam took a bite of his sandwich and opened his mouth again, "how's uni?" He asked after swallowing what was in his mouth.

"Well the it's my first year, but it was really good. I passed all my classes with A's. And I got the lead in both the spring musical and the winter play." I explained.

"So do you have a major yet?" Louis asked with his mouth full of food?

"Yeah I'm majoring in acting. I loved being on stage. I now know how you guys feel. Well a slightly different situation but you know what I mean." I explained.

"Aw my baby sister wants to be a performer like me." Liam cooed.

"In a way. I would asked about you guys, but I watched all your interviews already." I chuckled.

"So... any relationships?" Niall asked wiggling his eyebrows. I tried not to choke on my sandwich and took a deep breath.

"Niall don't ever do that while I'm eating ever again unless you want me to choke. And nope I'm single as a Pringle." They all laughed.

"Nice analogy there." Harry commented. I got up from my seat and went through the cabinet looking for something sweet.

"Boo Liam you have nothing sweet in here." I complained.

"I have some candy hidden from Niall. I'll give it to you later."

"Yay. Oh Liam remember Alex?" I asked.

"Our friend Alex the one you had a crush on?"

"Yes. Well I don't think anything would have happened between us anyway for two big reasons."

"What reason are that?"

"1. He's gay. 2. He's dead." I looked down at my empty plate.

"Wait, he died? How? When?"

"Well I was the only one who know that he was gay and he decided to tell his family and friend at the same time. So he told them after they had cut the cake. Well everyone, except me, was disgusted and literally everyone, except me, got up and left. His parents and sisters looked at him ashamed and went upstairs. They only ones that were with him were his boyfriend and myself. I told him that it would be alright and that I had to leave because I snuck out of the dorm and had to get back before a certain time. Well a week later I got a text from him saying, 'Dear Makayla, Thank you for standing by me and not hating me for being gay like everyone else. I just wanted to say I love you and goodbye. Mikey and I are going to die together. Please don't stop us it's for the best. Love Alex.' Well I drove around town until I passed by a burning shack. But it was too late. They burned together. But I was mistaken and that was another couple and Mikey and Alex actually drove their car into the water." I told them.

"Makayla, what was the point in the burning shack if they actually drowned?" Louis asked.

"I thought it would lighten the mood a little." I shrugged.

"You're something else." They said in unison.

"That's why you love me."

He better open the bloody door it's midnight and I'm wearing shorts outside. The door opened to reveal a shirtless Zayn. He pulled me into his flat and closed the door.

"Finally! Do you know how long I was waiting out here? 10 fucking minutes. We're you asleep? Did I wake you up? Oh my God I'm sorry I'm a bad girlfriend." My word vomit stopped when Zayn crashed his lips on mine and gave me a quick peck.