Chapter 7

*Louis’ POV*

El and I were sitting on the couch. I was holding El in my arms.

“Next time I see Zayn, I’m gonna beat the shit out of him. How can he do that to her?” I asked breaking the silence.

“I don’t know, poor Kayla. And Louis, you can’t do anything to him, because when Liam finds out about this he might be charged for 1st degree murder. Just calm down. Do you think it was a good idea to leave her by herself?” El asked sounding worried.

“Relax, she wouldn’t cut herself, or anything stupid like that, on purpose. She’s afraid of accidentally hurting herself while cooking. Trust me she should be alive later when we go check on her.” I kissed El’s forehead and gave her a reassuring hug. We were interrupted by a loud banging on the door.

“Who could that be?” El asked.

“I’ll get it.” I said getting up from the couch. I opened the door and I clenched my fist.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked Zayn who was standing in front of my looking as if he was lost.

“I came here to talk to Makayla. Can I see her?” Zayn asked looking behind me.

“No you can’t. El and I just finished calming her down and she is resting now. Leave her alone. I think you caused enough damage for today.” I spat at him.

“Louis I know that, but I just need to talk to her. You don’t understand—”

“I don’t understand? What don’t I understand that you cheated on your girlfriend of 3 years? If that’s the case then I don’t understand a lot.”

“Look, I made a mistake and I need to fix it. Please let me talk to her?”

“No. Absolutely not.”

“You don’t even live here.”

“Yeah, but I’m taking care of one of my best friends because one of my other best friends broke her heart.”

“What is going on here? Zayn I thought you’d spend the day at home. And Louis, I thought you and Makayla were having a twin day. What are you to arguing about?” Liam asked coming from the elevator with Danielle next to him.

“There has been a major change of plans.” I told him not taking my eyes off Zayn.

“Look, can I please just talk to her?” Zayn pleaded.

“Nope.”

“But—” Zayn was cut off by the door behind me opening. I turned around.

“Makayla, can we please talk?” Zayn asked. Makayla looked as if just seeing him there was killing her. You could see the pain in her eyes. She rolled up her sleeves and there was a bruise on her arm.

“S-sure.” Makayla finally said after a while.

“Makayla, what happened to your arm?” Liam asked.

“N-nothing.” She said before going back into the flat. El came to the door.

“I’m sorry Louis. I tried to keep her inside but she wanted to know what that yelling was.” El explained. I kissed her for head and gave her a hug.

“What the bloody hell is going on here?” Liam asked.

“Get your laptop, I’ll show you.” I told him before heading inside.  

*Makayla’s POV*

I walked into my room and locked the door after Zayn came in.