Chapter 16

We had gone to tour like nothing had happened. Actually we were forced. None of us were in to it but we faked our normal behavior for the fans. I don’t have time to mourn because right after this tour we have another one and management wants us start filming for a reality TV show in California. The fans are starting to notice something being wrong. After my little blow up with the paps at the funeral surfaced the internet I’ve been getting more attention, in a bad way. I got yelled at by modest for using profanity, I’m being watched closely, and everyone is waiting for me to break. I haven’t cried since the day Makayla died and everyone thinks that I’m holding it in but in reality I have no more tears left to cry. Louis and Zayn tried to get the attention taken off me by leaking the video of the getting high in Peru.  Although Louis has only been high once and that was during the video. Zayn on the other hand has been high every other day. I tried to get confront him about it but he was drunk. Harry and Niall are over the mourning stage mainly they weren’t as close to Makayla like Louis and Zayn but also because they are worried about Zayn, we all are. There are days where we don’t see him until we’re on stage. He won’t come out of him hotel room or his bunk. Last week Niall found Zayn’s letter from Makayla and this morning when it was my turn to clean make the beds I found a crumpled picture of Zayn and Makayla along with the letter. He doesn’t eat much and it shows in his clothes. I think it’s all due from guilt, heartache, and the fact that he’s still in love with her. We’re trying to talk to him into getting help. Right now I’m talking him into it or at least I’m trying to.

“Don’t be stubborn Zayn. You need help none of this healthy.” I explained calmly we’re the bunk bed area alone. Harry, Louis, and Niall are near the front watching TV.

“I don’t need help Liam, go away.”

“Zayn, it’s been three months not even I’m like this.”

“Fuck. Off.” Zayn closed the dividing curtain to his bed.

“You know what; I’m sick and tired of this shit.” I pulled his curtain back and unhooked it.

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about you acting all sad and miserable. You’re not the only one who lost her Zayn. She was my baby sister.”

“She was my girlfriend.”

“You dated for three years before you broke up because you cheated on her. I told you three years ago to stay away from her and you didn’t listen. You have the right to be sad but not to fuck up your life. Makayla told you to live your life. What are you doing right now? Sleeping with the letter she gave you and a picture of you and her.”

“Did you go through my stuff?”

“That’s beside the point. If you truly loved her than you’d be doing the things she wanted you to.”

“You don’t understand Liam.”

“I don’t understand? She was my sister. I’ve been with her from the day she was born to the day she died. You’ve only known her for three years. Can’t you think about anyone else besides yourself? What if the situation was reversed? What if I was dating one of your sisters and they died of cancer after being in remission and having hope knowing that she was going to live a lot longer? What if I started acting the way you did when she died? You see because I mentally put myself in that position and there are other ways for you to mourn. Right now you disgust me so I’m leaving but think about what I told you before you light up another joint.” I walked out of the bunk area. Louis, Niall, and Harry stared at me when I sat on the couch.

“What?” I asked putting a handful of popcorn in my mouth.

“You two were loud.” Harry said smirking. I threw popcorn at him and he caught it and ate it like he won a prize.

“I don’t like yelling.” Niall muttered.

“You did the right thing now we’ll have to wait to see if that makes him want to get help or if we have to get it for him.” Louis said half asleep.

“Louis, are you okay? You said something completely relevant and smart. Quick we need to check his forehead.” Harry drove towards Louis with his hand going to Louis’ forehead. Louis pushed him away and put his feet on top of him.

“I resent that. I’m the oldest therefore it should be normal for me to say smart and relevant things.”

“Says the one who almost threw a fit because we didn’t put on the movie that you wanted to see; you may be the oldest but you, with your height, look like the youngest and act like the youngest.” Niall retorted. Harry and I laughed and Louis pouted while muttering something under his breath.

***

We were playing at our last concert for this leg of the tour. It was oddly quiet. The fans were just sitting there quietly waiting like we didn’t even start the concert, even though we were half way through. They started quieting down when we announced that we were going to do the twitter questions. Zayn held up his mic before speaking.

“Liam, the fans and I have something for you and before I have them do that I just want to say that I’m sorry for acting the way I’ve been acting for the past few months. Actually I want to say sorry to everyone. I didn’t consider the other lads’ feelings or how the way that I was behaving would affect all of you guys sitting out there in the crowd and those at home. So Liam the fans and I have something for you. Go guys.” When Zayn said the last few words everyone held up a piece of paper which altogether made a picture of Makayla with wings and her saying ‘I love you Liam’. I was so surprised I could feel tears starting to form around my eyes. I looked over at Zayn, who managed to get my phone, taking a picture of the crowed.

“Now Liam before you say anything I think the fans have a special message for your from themselves. You can flip the pictures over now.” Niall said this time. The fans flipped their signs over to reveal a message.

“Why don’t you read the message out loud Harry?” Louis spoke.

“The message says, ‘We all love you Liam. We could tell from the photos that you were hiding your sadness. We miss your genuine smile and laugh. We want the happy Liam back. He may not back soon but we want him to know that we are here supporting your through all of this. Love, all of your fans from day one to the present.’”

“Wow. Um. I’m speechless. Thank you, first of all. It’s hard but I know you guys didn’t pay to hear a sob story so let’s continue with the concert. I love you all. Mwah.” I hugged all the boys before taking my place back in the middle of the stage. Makayla wasn’t physically here but she was here in spirit and in picture and Zayn took pictures for me so I could cherish that memory forever.

*

*

*

*

A/N: And that concludes another fanfiction. I hope you loved the story.