Chapter 8

A/N: Please in the middle of this please don't be like "NOPE! I'M DONE WITH THIS FAN FIC!" Just trust me on this one okay?

*4 months later*

*Liam’s POV*

From: Makayla

To: Liam

Hey Lili, haven’t talked to you for a while. How is everybody? How are you? How’s the tour?

I smiled looking at the text. I haven’t had the time to talk to Makayla since a couple weeks after she left. I missed her bubbly attitude, but that somewhat disappeared when Zayn broke her heart.

To: Makayla

From: Liam

Hey Kayla, everyone is pumped up for the tour. I’m good I just miss you. The tour is going to be epic. How are you? How are mum and dad? Do you want to Skype? I have something that I want to tell you, but I rather not say it over a text.

I had been sitting on my bed in the hotel room with my laptop and phone in front of me. I was on twitter talking to some fans. Some tweets were the annoying ‘follow me please’ but others were asking about the tour and what not.

From: Makayla

To: Liam

I’m fine. Mum and dad are great. I miss you too. I can’t Skype you right now. I’m at the library. I won’t be home for hours. Can’t you just tell me now?

I have a plan to surprise her for her birthday. But sadly her birthday is the same day as Louis’ so… Yeah.

To: Makayla

From: Liam

Fine… I can’t make it home on your birthday. The flights for tomorrow and Tuesday are all full. I’m sorry. Tell me what you want and I’ll bring it with me when I can fly back.

From: Makayla

To: Liam

… Aw… I was going to say all I want for Christmas/ my birthday was you. Anyway I have to go. Love you and talk to you soon.

I smiled again at the text again. She just wants me home nothing more, nothing less.

“Why are you smiling at your phone? Talking to Danielle? Oh and Paul told me to tell you that we’re leaving in a few.” Louis asked walking into our room. I was sharing a room with Louis because Paul had to separate him and Harry… again.

“No, I’m talking to Makayla.” I told typing a reply to her text.

“Tell her to text me!” Louis shouted walking out the room again.

To: Makayla

From: Liam

Well bye. Love you too. Talk to you later. Ps. Louis wants you to text him. Happy early birthday.

I shut my phone and laptop off before shoving them in my bag. I walked out of my room to go with Louis to meet Paul and everyone else in the lobby.

*A couple hours later*

Home sweet home; and I mean my actual home, not my flat up in London. That’s home but not home. I unlock the door to the slat and see that it’s the lights are off. Weird someone is always here. Maybe they went out or something? There weren’t Christmas lights outside the flat or any decorations anywhere for that matter. That’s odd; Christmas is Makayla’s favorite holiday. I walked up to my old room to put my bags away. I went to Makayla’s room to see if she was here studying or something. She had a tendency to turn all the lights off when was home alone and lock herself in her room. I knocked on her door. No answer. I did that for a while and she didn’t answer. I tried my luck to see if the door was unlocked. It was, but her room was empty. This is really weird.