Chapter 9

*Louis’ POV*

Niall, Harry, Zayn, and I decided to hang out in Niall’s flat. We were watching movies and just hanging out. Things weren’t the same without Liam but we knew why he had to leave. I still was really mad at Zayn, only talking to him when I have to. Liam did the same thing but after a while he couldn't stay that mad at him. In the middle of the movie Harry's, Niall's, and my phone rang. It was Liam who texted us in the group conversation for us four only (was made during the Zakayla break up).

Liam: I need to talk to all three of you a.s.a.p. Get away from Zayn, he can't know at all. HURRY!

This must be something big if we have to call him right now. We all snuck out; Niall went to his room, Harry to the spare room, and me to the bathroom. I pressed the FaceTime button. Liam was the first to answer the call. He was sitting in a dark room with an annoying beeping.

"Hey Li, what up?" I asked when Niall and Harry joined the call.

"Before I can tell you I have to explain something. You know how I always worry about Makayla? Like when we talk about something but you never knew what." Liam asked.

"Yeah." We all said in unison.

"Well, erm... When Makayla was little she was sick all the time. She'd bruise randomly, throw up all the time, and be extremely pale. We took her to the hospital one day because her temperature was really high. Well it turned out that she had cancer, Leukemia to be exact. She got better two years before she met you guys. Well she got sick again and I'm in the hospital with her." Liam said after taking breaks between words and his voice cracking.

"W-what?" I asked. I couldn't process this in my head. Makayla is in the hospital fighting for her life. I slide down on the bathroom door.

"HEY GUYS I'M GOING HOME TALK TO YOU LATER!" Zayn shouted from the living room.

Nobody said anything. All four of us are quite sitting there in shock. All you could hear was the beeping of the heart monitor.

"H-how long has she been there?" Niall asked breaking the silence.

"She's… she's been here since for 4 months. I didn't find out until today." Liam explained.

"I'm going to try to get tickets." Harry muttered before getting out of the call. I still haven’t said anything. I was completely quite.

“C-can we see her? Like right now?” I barley whispered. Maybe this is a bad dream or something?

“Sure.” Liam got up and went to her bed. Nothing could have prepared me for the image I saw. Makayla was laying on a hospital bed with wires connected to her and a beanie covering her head.

“Louis, Niall! Come here!” Harry called from somewhere in the flat. I got up from the bathroom floor and went to go find where Harry was. Harry was in the kitchen with Niall’s laptop showing Niall something. Harry’s and Niall’s eyes were red, mine probably were too.

“So we’ll be flying at 9 so go start packing.” Harry said when he saw me.

“Okay. Well Liam, we’ve got to go. We’ll see you soon.” I said before hanging up.

*Makayla’s POV*

I can’t begin how much to tell you how much I hate these paper mask thingy’s, gloves, and yellow gowns that I have to wear whenever I leave the cancer ward in the hospital. I hate the mask because you can barely breathe and it makes that entire part of your face hot because of breathing. I hate the gloves because it’s hard to use the wheel chair with them on. I hate the gown because it’s kinda itchy. Ruth and I were going down to the cafeteria because it was almost midnight and we were getting food, because we can. Well actually it’s because it’s almost my birthday and I wanted to get food, not the icky hospital food. I got tired halfway so Ruth is pushing me and I’m looking at random things and playing on my phone.