Chapter 3

I sat in Zayn's car for about an hour trying to dry off with no success. On top of that we were in traffic and it was late. Like way past dark. We didn't have a change of clothes so we were stuck like that until we got home.

“Zayn,” I turned down the music and spoke up, “can I borrow your phone to call Liam? I don't want him to get worried.” I explained.

“Yeah. Thank God my phone wasn’t in my pocket.” Zayn said as he reached for his phone from the back of the car. He hand me his phone before driving a little more. The traffic better be because of another cat. I typed in Liam's number and pressed call and put it on speaker not wanting to get his phone wet from my hair.

“Hello? Zayn are you guys okay? Is Makayla okay? It's getting pretty late.” A very worried Liam asked.

“Yeah Lili we're okay. We just ran into a bit of traffic. I just wanted to tell you that so you don't get too worried.”

“Why what happened?”

“Dunno. Can you do me a favor? Can you put out some warm clothes for me please? Someone over here had a bright idea and decided to throw me in the water when I was fully dressed.”

“Okay. Do you know when you're going to me home?”

“We’ll be home in about an hour. Wait no 30 minutes. We got through traffic. So I'll see you soon. Bye.”

“Bye.” I ended the call and put Zayn's phone in between us.

I put my key in to key hole and turned the door knob. “Thanks again for the second first date. It was absolutely brilliant. And thanks for the late night meal.” I held up my McDonalds bag.

“You’re welcome. You know I mean it. I do love you. I’m sorry it took 3 years to tell you. I was scared that when I told you something would go wrong. Like you wouldn’t say I love you back.” He told me.

“I was scared you’d break up with me if I said that I love you then. I don’t know I was just scared.” Zayn started to leaned down. I snapped my head at the door when I heard somebody clear their throat.

“Thanks Zayn for bringing her home.” Liam spoke up. Zayn cleared his throat.

“Yeah, you’re welcome. I’ll see you both in the morning.” Zayn said awkwardly before leaving. I walked inside and closed the door.

“UGH! Liam you’re such a cock block.” I told him as I went into my room.

“I just came to check on you. So how was your date?” He asked me ask I grabbed the clothes that he put out for me and went into the bathroom.

“It was fun. We ran into a few of your guys’ fans though. They didn’t bother us much. Oh… Guess what.” I told him as I poked my head through the door.

“What?” Liam asked.

“Zayn told me for the first time in three years that he loves me.” I said jumping on the bed.

“It took him three years to say that? Hmm…”

“What?” I sat up and looked at him.

“Nothing, listen Danielle is in my room sleeping so I think I’ll join her. Good night. Love you.” Liam got up, kissed my forehead, and walked out of my room. What was that about?

I woke up suddenly I honestly don’t know why. I felt something touching me but I guess it was just a dream. I checked the clock next to me and it read 9:30. Too early for me to be awake. I turn to the other side of the bed. I open my eyes because I thought I heard something. I saw a scary clown. I screamed and fell out of the bed. Please be a dream. I felt something, or rather someone, grab my ankle. I looked under the bed. Another one? I screamed and ran to the closet. I opened the closet door and there was another one. What the hell is with all these scary clown in my room? I ran to the bathroom and locked to door. I could feel my heart beating really fast. What the fuck is going on? I looked at myself in the mirror and I was pale. I froze because in the shower behind me was another clown. I scream again. I quickly ran out of the bathroom and my room and ran to Liam’s. I looked behind me and what did I see? Those four clowns right walking towards me. I quickly knocked on Liam’s door before I heard shuffling coming from the other side. The door opened to reveal Danielle, who I might add was already dressed and ready for the day. I let myself in and closed the door.