chapter 15

hello everybody i am back!!!!!!

i returned a couple hours ago and i am trying to get used to it because i will have to go to work tomorrow...

:-(

So here is the next chapter...

Huge thanks to all of you for reading my story and voting it and supporting it in general... it means a lot to me!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 15

Maya kept trying all day to concentrate on her work but it was next to impossible. She kept rereading the same reports again and again. After what seemed like a lifetime July knocked on her office door.

“Hello girl it’s time for our lunch break and me and the girls are going to go grab something to eat in the cafeteria next door. Do you want to join us?”

“Yes sure, just give me a minute to arrange my files here and get my bag.”

“Ya no hurry we are meeting in the elevator in ten minutes.”

“Ok thanks”

She packed her files not caring of the order she was putting them in. She had not read a thing after all, and thankfully after lunch maybe she would be more concentrated. She met the other girls outside the elevator and they went to the cafeteria all together. As soon as they ordered and took their food they sat in an empty table that was big enough for all six of them. While they started eating Jamie a girl from the office next to Maya had sat beside her and told her.

“We missed you at lunch yesterday Maya”

“Yes I was in Nicolas’s office we have a lot of work load because of his absence this past months”
“Nicolas? At last on first name bases? I told you he had nothing personal with you. He probably woke up on the wrong end of the bed yesterday…” July said

“Yes that was probably it, and the fact that we had not worked together up close yet. We only talked on the phone from the first moment I got hired because he had already left for Europe.” Maya tried to cover things up while blushing.

“Why what happened yesterday?” Jamie asked

“Nothing really. He was mad because I was late for work. I had a flat tire.”

“Well he usually doesn’t care about things like that. July is right he must have had a bad day or something. Don’t worry he is a great boss! I wish I could spend more time with him like you do. He is such a charming man and I really love the way he talks. I could sit there listening to him for hours.” Jamie admitted and Maya could not suppress the wave of jealousy that she felt. She knew that she absolutely had no right to feel territorial towards him but the fact was that that was how she felt. She knew that she could not reveal her feelings and she did not utter a word. Thankfully for her July did not keep her mouth shut.

“WOW Jamie! Nice crush you are harboring for our boss. Should we warn him of your lustful intentions?”

“Don’t be a jerk July, you know I am engaged and in love with my fiancée. It is not bad to admire something nice even if you do not have any intention of acquiring it.” Jamie said and winked to Maya.  She instantly felt better with the news of Jamie’s engagement.

“Ya well it is not bad to think of your fiancée once in a while in the office instead of making gooey eyes to our boss.” July continued.

“I am not making gooey eyes. Maya back me up here, his too handsome not to notice on daily bases is he not?”

“Well don’t look at me. I am not going to incriminate myself and suffer July’s constant tease.” July replied getting her hand in the air in a defensive stance.

“So should I deduct from your answer that you too like him like that?” July asked turned her focus to Maya this time.

“Hey don’t get me into this… I haven’t said a thing.” Maya could not help laugh at both of them.

“Hmmm maybe I will let it go for now. For now! Since we have to get back! Lunch time is almost over, and Maya you have not eaten yet most of your meal. Be quick about it.”

Maya practically inhaled her food. An action that made all the others laugh. She was obviously too engrossed in the conversation before and forgot about her lunch. That was a first for her. Lunch was always a pretty important meal for her. They all went back to their offices. The whole conversation with the girls left Maya more confused than before mostly because of her reaction towards Jamie’s fascination with Nicolas. She did not like the way she kept being possessive of him. One night of sex with him should not be able to do that. Especially since she actually had no recollection of that night.

“Get your mind off the gutter Maya, you have to do some work, or when Nicolas comes back, he will be mad with once more.” She reprimanded herself and threw herself to the files that kept piling up on her desk. Firstly she put them in order since she had totally mixed everything up before lunch and then she tried to get at least half of a file done.

By the time she was finishing the sixth file July knocked on her door.

“Hey Maya”

“Nicolas wants me in his office?” Maya interrupted her standing from her office.

“Eager much?” July laughed “He did not come back at all today. Apparently this meeting took more than he expected.”

“Ah ok.” Maya was a little bit disappointed. She really wanted to see him again today. To see his reaction to her, after her little mental breakdown this morning at his office. “I thought he would come back to continue where we left of yesterday.” She mumbled to July.

“No he never came back and what is weird is that he did not even call to tell me to cancel an appointment he had an hour ago. I had to make up a silly excuse to the client and reschedule for tomorrow.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? I could have talked to him.”

“Ya well, it is a her and she always wants to do business with Nicolas, nobody else. Maybe his morning appointment was also a woman and that is why he did not come back” July said smirking. A new wave of jealousy flared inside Maya.

“He does that a lot? He did not strike me as a player.”

“Oh he is not, and the lady from the appointment he skipped today always irritates him but there is always a first time for everything right?”

“Sure, you are right. Anyways it is not our business. What did you want me? You never told me”

“Well look at the time silly! It’s time to leave. I thought I should tell you, because you seem to forget from time to time when you have a lot to do.”

“Oh thanks you so much! I had not noticed the time. I will pack everything up and continue tomorrow. Have a good night”

“Goodnight honey. I’ll see you tomorrow”

Maya arranged her files and left for home. Even if she had actually worked only half of the day she felt exhausted. She could not wait to go home and have a relaxing bath.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I know it is not very big but i hope you like it!!!!!!

kisses everyone!!!

XXX