chapter 23

Hello everyone

Thanks you so much for all your kind messages about the previous chapter

i  am very glad you liked it!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope you will enjoy the next ones as well!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 23

The next morning Nicolas woke up and he was still feeling like he was flying. He was that happy that the dinner last night had gone well. It had gone more than well. He got to know another side of Maya, the more personal side and if he was not in love before, he sure as hell was now. His little fairy was a jewel and for the life of him he had no idea how no one had snatched her yet. But he was no fool. He had every intention of snatching her and never letting anyone steal her from him.

He got ready quickly and went to the office. He made his coffee and as soon as it turned nine o clock he called the florist and asked again for roses to be delivered to the office this time. He carefully omitted to put a card on them so that the people at the office would not know it was him. But she would know, and that was what mattered. He knew she had realized that their table last night was the only one with red roses. They were especially for her. When his dealings with the florist ended he took out some files he needed to look and he started working.

A few minutes later July came into his office to hand him his schedule for the day. It was full of appointments. It would be a very tiring day but at least most of them would be held in Maya’s presence. Even the thought of her being in the same room with him, made his day look shinny. He asked July to inform Maya that she would be needed for the ten thirty appointment and told her what files he wanted Maya to bring with her. He hoped that the flowers would arrive by then. He wanted them to make her day like she made his. He knew he was turning all mushy but he realized for the first time in his life that for the right woman, no move was considered mushy.

An hour later Maya was just finishing preparing the files Nicolas had asked when July knocked on her door.

“Yes July, what is it?” She asked and July came in with a giant smirk on her face.

“Well these arrived for you.”She was holding a beautiful bouquet of red roses. “It must be some secret admirer because there is no card attached to them.” Maya blushed furiously. She obviously should start wearing more foundation at work if she wanted to conceal her constant blushing.

“Oh my god you do know who sent them.” July exclaimed. Maya wanted to deny it but how could she do such a thing when her constant blushing kept confirming everything,

“It is just someone I met. Nothing to make a fuss about it. I am not sure it is that serious anyway.” She lamely tried to downplay the whole thing.

“Ya right. With tis kind of flowers? Girl I don't even remember anyone bringing me that kind of flowers.”

“Me neither” Maya mumbled but unfortunately for her July had ears of a dog and could here everything from a great distance...

“Ha I knew it! He must be really special. Tell me everything”

“July. There is nothing to tell. It is not a relationship yet and I don't know if it could ever be one. Lets just leave it for now... if I have something more solid I will tell you. Really.”

July made her unhappy puppy face but did not push any further. She sensed Maya was in an internal battle over what to do. As soon as she left, Maya took the flowers in her embrace and inhaled their smell. They were exquisite! She did not know what she would say to Nicolas when she saw him less than half an hour later. She liked his thoughtfulness of not putting a card so that her co workers would not realize they were from him. Apparently her panic attack had convinced him that being the gossip of the office was a big no no for her. The time of their appointment was dangerously approaching and she left carefully the flowers on the side of her desk and finished arranging the files she would take with her.