chapter 16

hello everybody!!!

i am sorry i was a little bit late but i have a lot of problems in my workplace now that i returned from vacation and i am afraid that in the fututre two months things are going to be chaotick and i will not be able to update as much as i would like...

so sorry in advance...

i really hope you will be patient with me and that you will enjoy my story!!!

XXX

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 16

Maya made a small stop, before going home, to the super market. Usually she stocked her place with groceries on weekends but this was a strange weekend. On Saturday morning she had done some work she had not finished on Friday at the office. She really wanted everything perfect for when she finally met her new boss for the first time. Well how nice that had finally turned out right? After she had finished her work she had cleaned her house as she always did on Saturdays. She liked her little routines. Liked having a program. That always irritated her ex. He claimed that she was not spontaneous enough but always came to her place when he kept running out of groceries. She wondered how he liked his new slut of a girlfriend that surely never bothered with mundane things like grocery shopping and house cleaning. For her the word shopping was related only to shoes and clothes.

“Ya well I hope he likes living with his sloppy pig of a girlfriend” Maya said to herself while putting some cleaning products in her supermarket basket.

When she reached her place she had too many bags in her hands. She had remembered of her ex and got mad. So she took it out on grocery shopping. Right now she had enough cleaning supplies for a couple of months.

“Well at least they are not things that expire so it will not go to waste.” She kept mumbling to herself while opening her apartment door.

“My God where have you been? Has the tyrant kept you working late again? You know you should ask him for a raise. You work too much to be treated that way” Christy said apparently frustrated. She was sitting on Maya’s couch with delivery menus all around her.

“What are you doing here again? Are we roommates again and I did not get the memo?” Maya said a little bit irritated. She appreciated Christy’s support this past months but she really needed some peace and quiet once in a while after work. The luxury of returning home and just taking a cinnamon scented bath, until she felt relaxed enough to go straight to bed.

”Come on don’t bitch about it! You know you love me as much as I love you. I was worried about you. I wanted to know how things were with your boss today.” Christy said making her lost puppy face that Maya could never resist. And she knew it and took advantage of it often. At least this time it was for a good cause.

“Walking in an empty house once in a while wouldn’t be half bad you know…”

“Teeeeeeeeell me! Did you talk to him like we said yesterday? ”

“Yes I did!”

“Wow tell me all about it”

“Weeeeell I am kind of hungry…”

“That is what the delivery menus here are for. Take a pick. You will tell me all about your day while we are waiting for the food.”

“Mmmmm I don’t think so. I don’t want to eat here. Some Chinese food sounds good and I know just the place to go.”