chapter 30

hey guys sorry i did not upload before....

thanks again for the votes and the amazing comments!!!!

hope you like how the story evolves

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 30

“Well I have the results of your first tests Maya and they seem to excuse your fainting spell. We'll have to run more tests. But at least now we know where to begin.” Nicolas was on his feet now looking to the doctor ominously.

“What is it doctor? What is wrong with her?” he asked him.

“There is no reason for you both to worry. She seems perfectly fine and the symptoms are pretty common for her condition.”

“What condition? You're killing me here doc.” Nicolas was a basket case by now. The doctor smiled at them, turned to Maya and said.

“You are pregnant Maya. You are not very far along, but your recent miscarriage and operation are enhancing the symptoms.”

Maya's mouth dropped open, her eyes were wide and she was looking him dumbfounded. Nicolas on the other hand now had a huge grin on his face and his chest was puffing with pride.

“Is everything going to be OK with the pregnancy, because of the operation I mean. Is there something we should be careful of? Should we stop making love until the baby comes? Can we see it in an ultrasound?” Nicolas had tonnes of questions and he was asking them all at once. Those questions snapped Maya out of her trans state.

“Nicolas!!!!” She yelled at him

“No no no don't worry Maya. Your fiancé is right to ask all these things. By my calculations Maya has just entered her second month of pregnancy which puts the conception date about three weeks ago. That means we won't be able to see the baby for a few more weeks. All we might be able to see now with an ultrasound is the little bag which the baby is in. The operation Maya had, should not cause any problems to the baby's growth, but I advice you to visit right away her obgyn to monitor the baby closely. Maya I suspect your pregnancy symptoms will be much more enhanced than your previous pregnancy, which unfortunately means prepare yourself for a lot of morning sickness dizziness fatigue and all those glorious feelings you will totally forget as soon as you hold your baby in your arms. As for the sex part of the equation, it will not hurt the baby and you should proceed as usual if Maya feels well.”

“Of course of course. I didn't mean to sound like a pig that only thinks of him self.” Nicolas said feeling embarrassed. “Fairy we will do whatever you want”

Maya didn't know what to think. All this couldn't be happening. She was probably still faint and was dreaming of all of these. Wishful thinking.

“Doctor there must be a mistake. I cannot be pregnant. I still haven't got my period once since the operation.” She was still trying to rationalize things.

“Well in order to have your monthly menstruation you have to have an ovulation first. You got inseminated in your first ovulation after the operation and that is why you haven't got your period yet.” The doctor tried to explain to her.

“But doctor we've always used protection” Maya was starting to get irritated again.

“Well not exactly.” Nicolas said looking down, suddenly finding great interest in his shoes.

“What do you mean not exactly?” Maya was reaching her boiling point again.

“I will leave you two talk about it alone. I am going to come back when the rest of your exams are ready” the good doctor said and left leaving them by themselves to solve their differences.