Chapter Six: Not Again

I opened the farm gate and locked it behind me. Sophia named the cat, Mars and the dog, Bow. It's cute, unusual but cute. A few people came running up when I got there. I got out of the truck exhausted. I carried Sophia over to the table and Dale laid a sheet down. "What's wrong with her?" "Exhaustion, dehydration and so on.." "What can we do?" I walked to my truck and pulled out a duffel bag. I fixed a few large cuts and got her some water and food. After giving her an aspirin I sent her to bed. 

     "Where is everyone?" "Off learning to shoot." I sat at the table and waited for everyone to return. It seemed like forever until I saw everyone return. Sophia walked out and stood next to me. They pulled up and Carol got out of the car. "Mommy!" "Sophia!" Sophia jumped into her arms and everyone welcomed her back. I sat on the table and looked down at my hands. "Thank you so much.." "It was nothing." 

     I watched as everyone moved around the camp. They all seemed at home. I walked up to the farm house and knocked before walking in. "Hi my name's Miranda Tate. Are you Hershel?" "Indeed I am."

"I just wanted to thank you for letting them stay here."

      "Miss Tate are you alright?" "Just fine. Thank you again." I left the house just when it started to rain. "You'll catch a cold out here." "Long time no see. How are you Rick?"

       "Just fine." I nodded and walked to the truck. I rolled up the windows so the rain wouldn't get in. Mars climbed onto my lap and snuggled into me. The door opened and Daryl stepped in. I rolled my eyes knowing this couldn't be good. "You've been avoiding me, Daryl." "Did you sleep with Shane?" I looked at him shocked that he would even ask me that. 

       "You know either way it's none of your business but no I didn't." "Lori thinks you did. She saw you two."  I shook my head and looked over at him. "Why would I lie? I didn't sleep with him. He groped me and that's what she saw. Now please get out." I started to cry and leaned my head against the steering wheel. I heard the door close but I didn't bother to look up. 

     I heard yelling and I got out. Daryl was yelling at Shane and looked like he was about to kill him. Rick and T-Dog tried to hold them back but he wasn't going to stop. I ran over and got in front of Daryl. I put my hands on his chest hoping for him to stop. "Daryl! Calm down." He looked down at me and I put a shaky hand on his cheek. "Calm down... please." He pushed T-Dog off of him and walked off. 

    "The barn is full of walkers." "Nice timing Glenn.." Shane went down to the barn and we followed him. "Shane don't!"  He broke the lock off and they came rushing out. I grabbed my glock from my ankle and started shooting them as they came out. I was about to shoot one going for Rick when a bullet grazed my arm. I looked back to see Shane. I shot the last one and held my arm. 

     I was fixing the bandage on my arm when Daryl sat down. "I don't want to keep fighting with you." "We don't fight." "No we glare at each other to get the point across. The group needs us." 

    "Damn right." I heard a scream from the house and ran over. Glenn met me at the door saying something about Beth collapsing. "Randy's a doctor let her through." "Really?" I pushed past them so I could get to Beth. I picked her up and Maggie started freaking out.

     "She's in shock but I don't know her medical history. If I give her something that she can't have it will be a lot worse. We need Hershel."  Rick nodded and we walked outside. Glenn said he was coming with us as well so hopefully we can get him home. 

      Glenn asked us about Maggie on the way there but to my amusement he already knew the answer he just wanted us to know. It was a good thing to know where he stands. We stopped the car and walked into the bar. Hershel sat at the bar drinking. I told Glenn I was going to look around real quick outside.

        When I came back two men had joined the party. They eyed me hungrily making me uncomfortable. "You are?" "Out of your league." I walked over to Rick and sat on the bar. I poured myself a shot trying to act natural. "This is a nice get together. When are you two leaving?" "We're not. They're about to take us to your farm, ain't that right?" I stood up and pulled my gun on them. "I highly doubt that." 

      "Miranda put it down!" "Theirs first." Just as they started to lower their guns I shot one and Rick killed the other. Not too long after their people came looking for them. I hid at the door and they started shooting. "Glenn and Miranda go get the car. Hershel cover them." I nodded and we hurried out.  

     "You worried?" "Ya." "I'll get the car. I need you to cover me. Hershel will help but I need you." He nodded and I took off out the door. I ran in a zigzag dodging bullets. Just as I got to the car a bullet went in my shoulder. I didn't have enough time to worry about the bullet because someone grabbed me. I screamed and was thrown into a truck. I screamed for Rick but got hit in the head.