Chapter Fifteen: Bring Me Home

I went to clear out the lower levels trying to clear it all out. I let Carl come with me to get away from everyone. I checked the rooms one by one for any walkers. "You know.. my mom she was a drinker. I hated it a lot. At one point child services took me away. She got me back a year later. Didn't have me for long though. One night I was out with some friends and we hear the sirens. They had bikes but I didn't I went everywhere on foot. I ran after them and when I came around the corner. My house was burned. Everyone stared at me like it was my fault. She was burned to nothing. Some said it was better that way but not me. It seemed like she didn't even exist. You know?" "I shot my mom. She was out hadn't turned yet. I ended it, it was real. Sorry about your mom." 

   "Sorry about yours." We walked through and I shot a few walkers with my bow. We didn't come across anything big though. I shot another walker and saw a knife in its neck. I pulled it out shocked. "That's Carol's knife.." I sent Carl back and started clearing the rest out. I kept hitting the knife into the ground upset. The door across from me kept moving. I kicked it in and went to leave but walked back. I moved the walker out of the way and went in to kill the other walker but found Carol instead. I picked her up and carried her back to the cells without telling anyone so she could rest. 

    "Miranda!" I ran in and saw Rick carrying a woman. "She has a bullet in her leg." "Ok well I'll take care of her after you see this." "Everything ok?" "You'll want to see this." They followed me back and I showed them Carol. She slowly got up and hugged Rick. I grabbed my bag and saw Carol crying. Carl was about to break as well. I looked over and saw the woman watching us. 

    "They were taken." "By who?" "There's a town Woodbury." I walked away while they talked and grabbed a bottle of water. "This is Miranda. She'll take care of that."  I smiled and cut her pants a little more. I started taking the fragments out and she was tense the whole time.

     I stitched her up and she said a thanks. I grabbed both bows, my gun, my machete and the last of my smoke bombs. I got in the car with Rick ready to go get Glenn and Maggie.

    It was dark when we finally made it on foot. We went in through an old building that Michonne showed us. We talked about where we could go when the door opened. I hid behind a curtain and Rick grabbed him. I zip tied him and knocked him out with my bow. We heard screaming and I shrugged. "I think we may have found him. We ran to the building and I threw in a flash. When it started to smoke I grabbed Glenn and Maggie. We started moving through the dark and I covered our backs. "Merle's here. He did this, threw a walker at me."  "Time to get them out." I ran out to cover Rick and when I did everyone spotted us. We were being shot at and even got hit. I shot a few guards on the fence. "I'll lay down some cover fire. I'll be right behind you." I started killing everyone I could. I stopped when I hit a teenager. I ran over and flipped him over. I got him in the shoulder. When I saw that he would live I went back out. I pulled out a pin in a flash and tossed it into a group of people. Someone from my group went down and I made sure everyone got out.  I was about to follow when I was shot in the hip. I hit the ground hard and blacked out. The last thing I heard was the name Dixon.

    "You really are stupid you know that?" "So I've been told." "Well you got your crazy license tonight. It'll be in the mail." I laughed and looked at him. He looked so broken down. "You missed one hell of a time with the group. We're dying left and right." He sat down next to me and leaned against the wall. 

    "I need to tell you something." "What now?" "I love you Daryl. I can't stand being away from you any longer. It's time to come back where you belong. I can't fill your shoes." 

    "I don't belong anywhere." "That's bull shit and you know it." "Don't leave me Randy." I got really confused at that moment. He started yelling and telling me to hold on. That's when he faded.