Chapter Eighteen: Bonding With the Enemy

*Here's her outfit just thought I would do one for this chapter. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=77474310

     I don't exactly know how I ended up half naked on the guard tower but I did. I leaned over the side and threw up. "Watch it Princess!" "Merle have you seen my shirt?" "Yep.. It's right next to your bra."

     "Well where is that?" "In the woods somewhere." "You've got to be kidding me.." He laughed and shook his head. "Wait! My pants?" "Good question." He walked away and left me there. I opened the door to the tower and saw my pants. I walked down the stairs buttoning the shirt and opened it to a walker. I fell back and kicked it out. I opened the door again and grabbed a rock. I slammed it into its head and grabbed a shovel. I walked up the hill and continued to hit the walkers near me. Merle opened the gate laughing. "You're lucky I don't hit you with this." "How about I hit you? It might make your head feel better." "Shut up. Where's Daryl?" "Don't know you two were at it like a couple of rabbits." 

      I started laughing and walked up the stairs. "You're funny." "I'm being serious." I stopped walking and turned to him. "You don't remember. This just gets better and better." "Not really." I tried to walk in quietly until I saw everyone awake. I covered my face when I started blushing. Carol was the first to realize what happened. She smiled making it worse. "Well Glenn someone stole your idea for the guard tower." Glenn looked completely embarassed and Maggie laughed. At first I couldn't believe Rick said that until everyone started laughing. I walked into the cell block and Daryl walked down from the perch. He stopped when he saw me. 

      "Do you want to talk?" "About what? We made a mistake." "You can't tell me that everything is a mistake. You know what I'm tired of trying to hide it." "Hide what?"

      "I love you. I can't spend this damn life miserable because you decided to be an ass." I walked up the stairs and got in front of him. "I love you and I should have told you back at the farm but I didn't. Please just say something." "I'm here for you. I'm not going anywhere."

      "So what now?" "Well I figure you should kiss before we get bored waiting." I looked back and saw Merle with the group. "We don't have to listen to him. I know how you are." He caught me a little off guard with the kiss. I knew he wasn't one for public affection but here he was. "Its nice to prove him wrong."

      "I'd hate to break this up but we have a meeting with the Governor. Daryl and Miranda I want you with me. Hershel you drive." "I'll grab my stuff." I almost skipped to my cell. Carol was right. I would find a way to talk to him. I got changed and walked outside with them. "Nice belt." "First time wearing it." I smiled and got in the car. Rick got in the passneger seat and we left.

     "Do you fell ok about this? I mean what if he kills you?" "That's why I brought you two. If he does then it's an ambush and I need you to take out as many people as you can." Daryl looked over at me before getting out. He went wtih Rick to the right while I went left to check the perimeter. I stabbed a walker and his blood sprayed up my arm. I walked past a building and two more came toward me. I'm just glad there's not a dozen of them like back on the road. I won't admit it but I was terrified. I found Daryl near a window. I looked in and saw the Governor talking to Rick. He gave me the signal and we walked back to the car. "He was already in there. Talking to Rick." "I dont see any cars." "Keep it running Hershel it doesn't feel right." I looked around and saw a car coming. "Heads up." I loaded my bow and kept it pointed at the car. Andrea got out with Martinez. "Why's your boy already in there?" "He's here?" "Don't act clueless now Andrea."

     "Go with her." I followed Andrea into the building and stood with my bow pointed. I shot an arrow behind him and he stood up with a gun pointed at me. "Fingers slipped." "Maybe mine will too." I walked over and grabbed the arrow. "Already shot me before. What's another hole, Phillip?" He swung at me and I ducked. "Calm your temper before you regret something." I took the gun from his hand and took it apart. "I'll keep this piece until you're done here. I don't want someone else's finger slipping." I patted his cheek and walked out. 

    "What was that about Randy?" "I saw it when we were at the window. Had to get him to pull it before he killed Rick." "Good job.." "I'm going in." 

     "Uh the Governor thought it best if they spoke alone." "Who are you?" "Milton." I sat down not wanting to get in the middle of that. "You know I don't feel like I need to explain myself to the henchmen." "You better watch your mouth sunshine." I tried to stiffle my laughter and Hershel gave me a look to be quiet. 

     "If we're going to be out here pointing guns at each other all day do me a favor shut your mouth." Daryl stepped up to Martinez and Herhsel stopped him. "Daryl cool it.." "Do what your bitch says Daryl."

He glared at Martinez and punched him. That started a fist fight between him. "Should we stop them?" "Nah Milton. He knows when to stop." "And Martinez?" I gave Milton a shrug and pretty soon they got off each other. Andrea stepped out and sat on a log. I started to walk away and Martinez grabbed my arm. Daryl stepped up but I let him know to cool it.

     "Where are you going?" "Too pee. Do you mind to let go of my arm?" "Leave your guns here." I walked over to Daryl and handed over my guns. "What are you doing?" "There's a window on the ground. I can listen in." I walked away and turned to find the window. I grabbed the sniper I left and sat at the corner of it. "Andrea told me about your baby.. About how it might be your partners but you take care of her and I admire that. Failing to see the devil beside ya." I was ready to shhot him. How dare he bring up his family and Andrea told him! It was getting good when I heard the walkers. I walked over and stabbed one. "You two done with your pissing contest?" It was interesting to see Daryl work. The knife throw was probably the favorite I've seen. Daryl found a pack of cigarettes on a walker and I took two. "Thanks. I should be getting back to the Hershel." 

      I went back to the window to see the Governor drinking. I like how we're all cracking jokes and sharing cigarettes while our leaders fight. If the people get along why does it matter? I finally got done listening to the small talk and went back to the car. I sat on the hood smoking. "Did he do that?" "Some of it." Andrea stared at my shoulder. Three holes. Two in my side cuts on my arms from interrogations.

"I didn't know." "What? That your boyfriend was torturing the people you knew? Or the fact he tackled me to the ground and put a round in my shoulder so he could see my face when he did it?" She looked down and kicked at the ground.

     "Open your eyes and get your head out of your fantasy land. He is the devil on Earth and you just couldn't kill him. So what exactly does that make you?" "Miranda-" "I don't want to hear it." She walked away and I started thinking about the prison. What if they get attacked and we aren't there? It's the perfect oppurtunity. "Hershel tells me you're a surgeon?" "Yeah. Been a while since I did anything medically." "We have a pregnant woman in our town that needs a c-section and no one there can perform one."

      "The last one I did the mother died." "Where?" "At the prison." "We have more supplies there. Please." I got up and went to talk to Daryl. "You aren't going." "Daryl, I'll be fine. I'll take your motorcycle and be back tomorrow. The Governor won't harm me if I'm with Milton."

       "If you aren't back by dawn I'm coming after you." I kissed his cheek and went back to Milton. He got behind me and I drove back to their town.

     We went through the gate and we walked to their med room. Inside laid the pregnant woman. "Afternoon Miss. Im Miranda." "Callie." "How long have you been pregnant?" "Exactly nine." I nodded and put on gloves. They had an IV going and I lifted up her shirt. "Can I get a stethoscope and complete silence?" 

     "I want you to hear this." "What's wrong with it?" "Well your heartbeat can be heard along with theirs. They sound just fine." "Twins?" I nodded and by my guess her husband came in and took her hand.

     Ignoring the screaming coming from the mother was easy. I was used to it but the flashbacks of Lori were harder to ignore. The Governor walked in and watched me. I passed the first child to the nurse and started getting to the second. Getting them out went quickly but the sew up took a little over half an hour.

     I was almost done when we lost a pulse. I laid her back and the Governor held out a gun. I pushed him aside and started doing chest compressions to get her back. The whole room was in chaos after two minutes. I wasn't going to give up on her. She made it through everything so dying now was not an option for her.