Prologue

Some Time Before

"Hi Good Afternoon!"

"Where's Tita Clara?" Althea asked as she entered the store.

"Oh you know my mom?" the younger sales lady asked Althea.

"Yes, I'm a regular and she knows my favorites." Althea smiled

"Then let me know your favorites now so the next time you drop by I'd already know what to get you." The girl smiled back

"Sure, By the way, I'm Althea Guevarra." Althea offered her hand to the girl behind the counter.

"Hi Althea, I'm Jade, Jade Howell." The girl smiled as she shook Althea's hand.

"Have we met before?" the girl added as they comfortably shook each other's hand longer than usual

"I don't think so why?" Althea smilingly frowned

"Nothing I already just feel comfortable in your eyes." Jade shyly said as she withdraw from the interaction, feeling the little tingles the customer's hand left on hers.

"Don't worry, I feel the same." Althea assured with a nod

"So you own the motorbike outside?" Jade inquired as she prepare Althea's order

"Yeah, she's Denise." Althea proudly said

"Denise?" Jade frowned

"Yes, I named her. Just some weird trait, I got from my grandma."

"Cool."

"Yep. Cool." Althea agreed as they resort to a feat of smiles and blush and they don't even know why they're feeling this way, but they just clicked, they just connected, and they both felt it.

---

Some Time After

"Hey Jade!" Jade heard a familiar voice coming in her coffee shop

"Hi Kathleen." I smiled

"I'm here for our usual?" Kathleen casually smiled

Jade almost visibly cringed at the mention of the word our  knowing it was only Althea, Kathleen was pertaining to. But she obliged, and as she turned to put Althea's favorites on the box she closed her eyes and thought of a different place and time, taking herself somewhere only she can have access to, somewhere where everything is perfect, somewhere Althea is hers.

"Love!" Jade heard from behind her and she smiled before opening her eyes again, knowing she is on the right time.

"Yes?" She swiftly turned to the most beautiful sable eyes she ever laid eyes on

"Kathleen's here with her husband, they said they want their usual?" Althea smiled, as she reached for Jade's hand and kissed it.

"Right, I'll prepare them now."

"Okay love, I'll just make their coffee first." Althea winked and Jade's heart melted, for a dozen time she visited this time frame, and for a dozen time Althea called her love, she never gets tired of hearing her. Only the travel was what's unbearable.

---

Some Time During

"She has always been good at playing her piano, she owns every piece I challenged her to play. Making me fall for her with every note and melody she weave. Making me long for her for every note and melody she plays not for me. Making me wish she would eventually see me like I see her. Making me wish even for the single moment when Althea look at Kathleen, I was her. It was me she was playing for, it was me she was singing for, it was me she was in love with. And maybe, just maybe, my world would be a better place. But I know I'll only be a friend, her best friend, like always."

- Jade Howell