Beyond Wildest Dreams

Some Time After

"Vitals are stable doc. Her blood pressure and sugar level are back to normal. She passed it."

"Good, the family can visit her now."

"I'll call them now doc."

"Inform me right away for any changes and complication, she's still under observation."

"I'll keep the records doc."

"She'll have another night."

"Family's outside doc."

"Let them in I want to talk to them about Jade."

"Doc how is she?"

"I'll be honest with you, she has been my friend for years and it is equally hard for me to see her like this everyday, are you sure you haven't thought about - -"

"No doc, you're not removing the life support, I don't care about the expenses, just let her live."

"That's what we're trying to do for quite some time now."

"Well continue doing your job then."

"But - -"

"No, you're not going to let her die. She's not going to die and that's final."

"Jade? Good morning. I brought you breakfast."

"Good morning, thanks."

"Feeling any better? You look wary."

"I slept in late."

"You should've slept more. You going to work today?"

"No, I'll tell Sally I'll rest for now. What are you up to?"

"I'm meeting with Kathleen, later. You eat."

"How about you? Have you eaten?" I asked making her giggle

"What?"

"Nothing I told you I missed you coming around."

"I guess you really missed me that much. Even my mere asking of questions excite you." I chuckled as well

"Can't blame me Jade, you were awkward, mad even, with me since I told you I proposed to K. It was a torture."

"I'm sorry about that, I just don't understand why would you want to marry someone who - -"

"Right yeah I know, but what can I do, I still love her." She answered, and I rolled my eyes directly at her.

"You guys are never cool after that huh?"

"You should be the one not cool about what she did but here you are planning your wedding with her."

"So you're the one not liking my choices now?"

"Yes Althea, I don't like your choices."

"That's why you left for Australia, and that's why you dated David right? Because you don't like my choices." She accused and I didn't know how to respond knowing even I don't understand how things happened to us

"I'll get going now, I'll drop by later tonight, I'll bring you dinner okay?" She smiled before hugging me goodbye.

I roamed around the unit for the first time, and witnessed how settled and comfortable I should be in this place, the whole place wafted of my perfume, my clothes are everywhere, frames of my family, my friends, Althea and me and even with David are hanged on one wall under the small round Japanese looking lanterns.