The Butterfly Effect

Some Time During

"So have you already travelled? You're back quick, did you rewind time here? Tell me is this the first time we're having this talk?" Althea fired soon as I push the door to our condo unit open. She was playing her piano but she instantly stood up and faced me.

"Honey, this is the first time we are having this talk. What made you think I rewinded time here? Since we jumped to being 22, I stopped playing with time here right?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just getting freaked out since you time jump in the 'real' timeline. So what happened?"

"I wasn't able to travel back as I intend to - - yet, I fell asleep and I dreamed of all the major points I plan on revisiting."

"How does it feel?"

"It was like lucid dreaming, It felt like I was trapped inside my own body and some other Jade was doing all the talking and decisions."

"So it wasn't an actual travel?"

"No, I never left my bed. And when I woke up it's morning again."

"Do you still want to travel back in that time?"

"I was thinking of stopping Althea from proposing to Kathleen. I want to try and stop her."

"How?"

"I don't know yet, but I'll find a way."

"Aren't you scared about the chaos theory?"

"We're already in chaos honey."

"Jade, at least we're in a chaos that we can handle, we can predict, once you change something that has already happened on the other side, we can't control the outcome."

"If I was able to do what I intend to do and something horrible happens I'm sure I can revert it."

"Are you sure you can? Can your body endure the travel and the rewind?"

"Althea proposed to Kathleen two years ago. I'm sure there's not much that has happened."

"If you think what you're going to do is the right thing for you to do, and you're sure that you won't get lost somewhere in time or anywhere in between and you'll come back to me safe and sound, go on." Althea sigh collapsing back on her piano stool.

"I'll be fine."

"I'll know once you come back. Be careful. And good luck on anything you'll see or experience once you're able to rewind time."

"Thanks love. I'll get going now." I smiled as I kissed her goodbye.

Some Time After

"Hello Jadey?"

"Hey, uhmm I just called to ask if you still have the brochure I gave your for the flower picking?"

"Oh yeah, it's in my bookshelves why?"

"I just need it for a contact number, is it okay if I just get it in your unit?"

"Sure, you have the spare key right?"

"Yep."

"Okay."

"Thanks, see you later."

"Yeah, see you. I'll buy dinner okay?"

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

Since Althea and I exchanged spare keys on the day we move in next to each other this is the first time I am going to use it. Althea on the other hand has a free calling to enter my unit whenever she wants to, may it be because she's drunk from another lover quarrels, or she wants to make sure my unit is clean, or I have enough food for the week even a month. If my memory serves me right Althea has taken care of me more than I should've had taken care of her.