Think About It

Some Time After

"Jade! Hey! Jadey! Stop running please." Althea called out for a dozen time we're somewhere in the parking lot, I gave up and stopped but didn't turn to face her.

"Jade!"

"Babe!" Althea and I turned towards their direction at the same time, David immediately found his way to me and Kathleen run to her girlfriend.

"Take me home." I said soon as David asked what's happening and why am crying.

"Sure, I'll tell dad now." He said putting his right arm over my shoulder guiding me to where his dad told us to wait for him after the prom.

"What happened?" He asked and I stopped myself from looking to where Althea and Kathleen were.

"Nothing, it's just me - -" I sighed

"I know I'm not in the position to tell you this because I don't know much, but I do believe you deserve someone who'll put you first. We all deserve someone who'll put us as their top priority, and there's always someone for everyone." David smiled and I get his point.

"Are you subtly putting yourself up front?" I jokingly accused, making him laugh

"I could do that but I won't, I can make you my top priority I know, if you let me, but you couldn't do the same with me. Still I can be here for you as a friend."

"Thanks David, but you should know that I can't return anything you can do for me."

"Of course I know that. But I'm a willing victim." He laughed

"You're crazy, Althea hated your guts, you know?"

"Even better right? I can help her realise her feelings for you."

"Not a good idea."

"Not bad either."

"Whatever."

"Think about it, come on dad's here." David offered as he helped me inside the car, and I realised like his idea he's also not that bad.

...

"How's prom?" Mom asked as I slip in as silently as I could but she's waiting for me so it's to no avail to avoid her.

"You're still up?"

"Yeah, I was waiting for you of course."

"It was good."

"Did you just cry?"

"No mom, I'm just tired and sleepy."

"Jade I am your mother and I know that your eyes get puffy every time you cry. What is it? Did David - -"

"No, he's not the reason why - -" I sighed

"Is it her?" She pushed, I deeply sighed

"It just hurts that even if we're clearly compatible in so many levels, this isn't the timeline where she'll fall for me. No matter how insanely taken she seems to be with what we have, it's just not gonna work for us mom. She's Kathleen's." I cried and she just hugged me in return.

"Oh Jade." Mom cooed as she soothe my sobs.

Some Time Before

"Jade?"

"Hey."

"What are you doing here? It's four in the morning honey, why are you crying?" Althea panicked, she got up from our bed and instantly knelt in front of me. She pulled me to her and enveloped me into a tight hug. She cradled me on her lap my head on her shoulder.