Tickety Toc

Some Time During

"I – I don't understand Althea. Why – How? How did it happen? All this time I thought I was the one for you, I thought I was just lost, I thought I am trying to win you back from Kathleen, when in fact you are not mine to begin with? Oh my god. I – I ruined your life." I blabbered, as the pool of tears blurred my eyes.

I collapsed on the floor sobbing, I didn't expect Althea to comfort me after everything that's happened, everything she has uncovered in the past. But she immediately found her place beside me, even I couldn't deny the fact that she was and still is in love with me after all.

"I was shocked yes but I don't think you have a say on that Jade. We'll just have to figure it out together." Althea said as she hugged me.

"I can't stay around you anymore." I shook my head and she instantly hushed me.

"Why not?"

"I may no longer be that guy, but I know one way or another fate will find a way for things to happened, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I will cause something that'll harm you."

"No, you're not leaving me. I believe there's an explanation about everything, I'll find an answer, but you're not leaving me Jade. You are my Jade, you are far from him, you're not him. Please love - -"

"Althea - -"

"Please? Just please, let me find an explanation about all these. Please Jade, my whole life revolved around you, and I can't afford to lose you."

"You don't understand, I can hurt you. I may not will it but I can."

"But you won't. I know you won't. I know you love me, I felt it right from the start until now. Your eyes tell me so, your actions, everything."

"And if by chance we find the answer?"

"We'll face it together. No matter what it is." Althea said cupping my face and looking straight into my eyes, and even though they're clouded with tear. I see hope in hers that she wanted to reflect in mine.

"What do you wanna do now?" Althea asked as she wipe away my tears.

"Save you from me. If we have to do it over and over again we will." I said pretty determined, Althea sighed and smiled.

"We will always will." She said kissing me on the forehead.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For everything since 1515?"

"Yeah you gotta make it up to me for the rest of your life and in your next life, and in the next and the next until God or whoever gets tired of reincarnating us." Althea teased making me laugh, like nothing happened, like she didn't just discover that I am the reincarnation of the man who's fond of letting her suffer.

"So?"

"Ready for adventure 1665?"

"What do you know about that year?"

"I think it is when most changes in religion all over the world happened. I'm still not sure though. It's also the year of the great plague in London."

"Do you think by any chance we'll be reincarnated as English people?"

"We'll see, I'll get the letter." Althea instantly stood up and took the letter from another pile.

"Ready?" I asked as we stood face to face

"As long as I'm with you." Althea smiled and the magic of this power I have took us into another lifetime.