Time to Save Lives

Some Time After

"Tell me Jade."

"Tell you what?"

"Tell me why you're torturing yourself over what could be a 30 second conversation with Althea?"

"Sal she's getting married next month and you're asking me to tell her about what I feel about her? I'll just make a fool out of myself."

"At least she'll know, do you really think she's happy with Kathleen?"

"Happy or not Sal, she needs to figure it out on own. The decision must come from her and not from a petty attempt of me to be a part of her choices."

"It's just heartbreaking to see two of my closest friends not get what they really want when in reality it has always been in front of them right from the start."

"It's not a prefect world Sal. When K cheated on her it would've been really easy to take her place in Althea's life, but I chose not to, because that's not what she needed. She needed a friend and I was expected to be."

"If only you could turn back time I'm sure you would've told her about everything on that prom night. I sure if it wasn't for Kathleen and David getting in the way you could've told her that you love her."

"But we cannot do that, we can't turn back time."

"Yeah. And it sucks." Sally said and if only I could tell her that being able to turn back time sucks more I would, but it'll just complicate things.

Some Time Before

"So how's work today?" Althea asked as we sank on the couch cuddled with each other because of the cool weather outside.

"It was a slow day. You want to go to an adventure?"

"What adventure?"

"Adventure 1565."

"Jade, seriously?"

"There hasn't been a change since we got back from 1515 where we saved another Althea from being killed. So maybe you're right we're in a free timeline here, where chaos theory doesn't apply. I am the time master here remember?"

"But your nosebleed when we got back was alarming."

"Maybe because it was the first time I did it."

"And what are we going to do in 1565?"

"Save another Jade and Althea? If we have all these letters with us right now I'm sure everyone of them has a grim story."

"How can that help us with our situation? And we can't always save them on the right time."

"Of course we can save them. That we have to know in the long run. I just think all sets of Jade and Althea in different lifetimes deserve to be together."

"I'm just worried about your well being."

"I'm fine, I'm gonna be fine. A small blood won't hurt me. And besides the other timeline is so boring." I rolled my eyes making her laugh.

"Right okay, let's go 1565." She beamed as she jump off the couch and walked over her table taking another paper the one from 1565.

We did the same thing like on 1515, I held and focused on the letter and Althea clutched both my hands as the spinning and buzzing around us ensued. I was actually getting used to it, it wasn't too much to handle now and I didn't have to close my eyes, so I was able to see how our condo changed into cobbled stone paths and wooden houses, with candle lighted street posts. Not much was change with our clothing it's the same maiden dress.