Fragmented Decoding

Some Time After

"Jade wake up! Hey!"

"Althea jesus you don't have to shout, what time is it?"

"Uhh, time for you to get up, come on! You promised me you'll help me pick out a dress for my date with Kathleen's parents."

"Shop alone. I'm not in the mood."

"Please Jadey come on. I'll treat you to your chosen restaurant for lunch and movie. Please? Pretty please?"

"Wow double pleasing, what's the rush? It's not like you haven't met them yet?"

"Nothing I feel nervous. I still feel nervous."

"Uhm, Kathleen's parents how are they?"

"Hmm, well her dad's cool, he used to tell me tales about my mom and dad when I was younger, her mom's nice although a little strict because she's a university head master."

"What are their names?"

"Her dad's Mr. Gabriel Tanchingco, her mom's Mrs. Pearl Tanchingco."

"Oh she's a Tanchingco." I wowed hearing their surnames for the first time. There's a something familiar about their surnames but I can't remember when or where I first encounter that surname.

"Yeah so you can't blame me for being this nervous."

"Right, wait outside for an hour."

"That long?!"

"What? You barge in on me on a Saturday and expect me to fight my laziness and prepare right away?"

"Ugh! Jade. I hate you."

"Whatever. Out you go." I rolled my eyes as I took off my shirt in front of her.

"Right right, don't strip in front of me, jesus."

"What? You're still freaked out? I thought we're best friends?"

"Whatever! Don't take too long! I'll just a readmagazine outside or rummage your FHM collection."

"Shut up! I don't have one, maybe you do!" I shout back while inside the shower.

Some Time During

"Jade can you help me with this please?" Althea asked showing me the back zipper of her little black dress, a good match with my white one.

"You look good love." I smiled

"Of course, I'll be going out with you, can't afford no to match your beauty."

"You don't even know where I'm taking you." I teased

"You can take me anywhere even the slums wearing this dress and I'll just be fine with it as long as I'm with you."

"You're crazy, what made you think I'd take you to the slums?"

"That's just the extent honey. So I'm gonna ask you where are you taking me?" Althea turned after I zip up her dress.

"You look divine." I sighed taking her all in, she blushed.

"Thank you Jade." She smiled my favorite smile before kissing me.

"You ready?" I asked offering her my hand

"For you, yes." She winked entwining hers with mine.

Hand in hand we got out of our condo to our car, it is the first time we'll actually dine in a fancy restaurant for our anniversary and Althea's all blushing and excited about it so I made sure everything will be perfect.