Playing God

Some Time Before

"Jade Tanchingco? Are you kidding me?"

"Do you really think I'd joke about this love? This is our life why would I do that?"

"I'm sorry, it's just too much has happened today."

"I'm sorry too love, you need rest." Althea said as she guided me to the couch.

"Have you read any of the letters?" I asked, as she walked to the kitchen to get me a glass of water.

"Not yet, I just traced how old they are. The first letter was written back in 1515."

"What year is it now?"

"2085. The first letter was written 570 years ago. The latest letter was written somewhere in 2015. It was the shortest and it was also unfinished."

"The timeline on the other side was still 2016."

"Yeah we're - -"

"We're in a mess."

"Jade, rest for now. I'll start reading the letters. But come on, let's have dinner first because I cooked your favorite." Althea smiled, and just her smile relaxes me.

"What would I do without you." I sighed, making her chuckle

"You are bounded to me for life, we are the definition of forever Jade, so you wouldn't be able to imagine life without me." Althea winked

"Good, cause I wouldn't wanna imagine that timeline either." I confessed, and she kissed me.

"I couldn't believe, I just put you to rest a while ago and now here you are kissing me. I might as well go mad." I uttered, making her laugh

"I could just only imagine how your brain works love, how this rewind and time hops and travelling can occur in one able body. And just imagining how you could live with that is already tiresome." Althea revered

"I know exactly the reason, I'm still sane." I smiled

"What?"

"You mean who, you." I said lightly poking her cheek as she blush.

"And I love you so, people ask me how - -" Althea started singing as she pulled me into a slow dance, making me laugh, the first time since the time hop happened on the other side.

"I missed you laughing like that." Althea whispered close to my ear as she continued to sway us, old school style.

"This is better than any prom dance I had in the past."

"Good. I mean great. Because I dance the best right?" Althea teased

"Yes the best dancer. I'm already starting to think that maybe while I'm not here, you're taking dance classes." I accused

"Seriously?!" Althea exclaimed

"Yeah why not? Are you seeing anybody else? A dance instructor perhaps?" I continued teasing

"Oh god you're impossible, you know well that no matter what I do, I'll always end up with you, so why would I waste time seeing anybody else when all I wanted to see everyday for the rest of my life is you Jade?"Althea revered looking into my eyes, just the way I wanted her to, just the same way she did back in the timeline where I needed to euthanise her.

And I thought what if I didn't left Althea behind after she succumb to depression there? Maybe she would've fallen in love with me in the long run. But it wouldn't be fulfilling at all, knowing I caused it.