Chapter Three

🔺Dani and Carter's Bracelet

*Dani*

  "Are you sure your up to watching the store?" I asked again, "Cause I don't have to..."

  "DANIELLA ALICE SAVAGE," Mama yelled. "I'm perfectly fine with working in the store for a month, besides if I need help I'll get Gina or Angel."

  "Ok," I grumbled. "No need to yell."

  "Baby, what are you so worried about?" Daddy asked helping load my bags in my truck.

  "Nothing," I sighed. "I just fell like no one wants me around since they're literally shoving me out the door."

  "Baby," Daddy sighed hugging me. "You haven't been anywhere but the bookshop, grandma and grandpa's, the farm or your mom's house, you just need a few weeks to relaxes before you run yourself to the ground."

  "Fine," I pout. "No one loves me."

  "Brat," Daddy mumbled opening the truck door. "Remember, your not aloud within five foot of the bookshop for the next month."

  "Meanie," I pouted.

  "Love you," Daddy chuckled as I started the truck. "Be careful."

  "Well Soldier[Dani's pups name]," I said looking over at my puppy. "Lets go home." I laugh as he barks, petting him I glance at the bracelet I was wearing.

  'I miss you. Please come back.' I sigh before pushing the thoughts of him away.

*Carter*

 "You in a hurry," Boss says.

 "I'm heading out of town," I shrugged. "What did you need to see me for?"

 "Braylen Sage jumped bail yesterday,"

 "What?" I asked and grabbed the file he handed me. "How the fuck did he skip bail?"

 "Mason and Layton have already been informed," he continued.

 "Your warning us," I sais angrily. "Sage can kill us, we destroyed his operation."

 "Yes," boss said glaring at me. "If I hear that you went after him I will have your badge."

 "Fine, but if he comes near me he's dead." I growled storming out of the office and jumped in my truck.

 Banging my head on the wheel until something falls in my lap. It was the friendship bracelet Dani gave me when I was fifteen and she was eleven.

 "I'm coming home," I whisper sliding it on my wrist. 'Please forgive me.'

---

  The hours later, I park in front of Sam's Diner looking around I notice not a lot has changed but take note of what has. Heading to the counter I glance around silently laughing when I saw Sam running around.

  "Shouldn't you slow down before you have a heart attack?" I asked smirking.

  "Says the kid who looks like he's lost," Sam laughs. "Don't think I've seen you around here before."

  "Don't tell me you don't recognize me Uncle Sam," I smiled then yelp rubbing my head. "What the heck was that for?"

  "Carter Caleb Cain," Sam growled smacking me with the dish towel again. "You think you can come back here five years after you left without a word and prance in my diner like you own it..."

  "Ow," I whined. "Stop hitting me, I get enough of that when I'm working." 

  "Your lucky I'm not going to kill you," Sam said angrily. "Especially, with the way you hurt Dani."

  "Ow," I whined. "I left to protect her."

 "Carter you hurt her, by not telling her you were leaving." Sam said loudly and by now everyone in the diner was watching us.

  "Didn't contact her?" I asked. "What are you talking about? I wrote to her, every month she never wrote back to me."

  "She never got any letters Carter," a woman said. I turned around to see one of Dani's mothers, Kylie, standing there. "Come with me."

---

{Quote:

"Darkness does not always equate to evil just as light does not always bring good." Nyx[House Of Night]}

(A/N Could I get at least one comment? Pretty please.)