Chapter Sixteen

*Carter*

  "Shit," Miles cursed and I noticed that we were slowing down.

  "Why are we stopping?" I growled while checking Dani over the best I could with her laid over my lap.

  "They hit the gas tank," he said.

  "There's a old hunting cabin six miles from the creek," Dani said. "We could hide out there."

  "Good idea," Miles said.

*Brice*

  "I didn't get to see the address," Jake said while Zane and Travis glared down at him.

[Hunting cabin 6miles from creek. Two miles from willow. 20men w/guns. -C]

  "SHUT IT," I yelled glaring at them. "Jake call boss. Becca is going to take you to the hospital and you will stay there."

  "No," Zane yelled.

  "He is after us," I said calmly. "You will just get in the way."

*Dani*

  "You guys alright?" I asked glancing back at Carter and Miles.

  "Great," Carter grunted while Miles leaned on him. "How much further?"

  "We're here," I giggled when he jerked his head up to see me standing in the doorway. "Come on I think there's a first aid kit here somewhere."

  "Thank God," Carter sighed dropping Miles in a chair. "I'll check the bathrooms you unwrap his ankle."

  "Uh okay," I watched him walk off. "It the other way."

  "He doesn't trust me," Miles sighed.

  "Well you did hurt him," I shrugged. "He's not going to trust you right off the bat. It's like horse's you have to earn their trust."

  "And whose the horse?" Miles asked.

  "Neither of you," I laughed. "I read about it somewhere. Carter get in here."

  "You read way to much," Carter said. "How did you know I was there?"

  "Seriously, I have two dads, two moms, three sisters and two brothers. Not to mention a ton of crazy cousins." I said punching his shoulder, "I know when someone spying. I'm gonna let you two talk."

*Miles*

  "She loves you," I said and Cater glared a me.

  "You are not going to touch her," he growled. "You hurt her I will kill you."

  "Son,"

  "Don't, I want nothing to do with you."

  "I'm sorry," I said after he slammed the do shut. Jumping when my phone vibrated I looked at the screen before texting back. "I'll make it up to you."

*Carter*

  "Carter," I looked to see Dani. "Is everything alright?"

  "No," I sighed. "But everything will be. Do you know if your dad still keeps a few four wheelers here?"

  "Not right now," Dani sighed. "Kyler took them when he was home six months ago. Sorry."

  "It's fine," I mumbled. "I need to get you out of here."

  "I'm not leaving with out you," Dani said staring at me.

  "I'll be fine," I said hugging her close. "But I can't hurt you again."

  "Shit," Miles yelled and then there was a loud thud.

  "Stay here," I said slowly walking towards the front room glancing around the corner I chuckled. "Dani get in here."

  "What was it?" She asked walking in the room, "Hades!"

  "You alright?" I asked Miles pulling him up.

  "Uh yeah," he said smiling softly as we watched Dani talk to the horse.

*Dani*

  "What are you doing out here?" I asked Hades while I rubbed his nose, "Did you figure out the new lock? Huh, Daddy is going to have to buy another lock."

  "Dani," I looked over to see both boys with panicked faces. "You need to go now."

  "But..."

  "Princess," Carter said while rubbing my cheek. "I need to to go tell Brice and Jake where we are. Can you do that for me."

  "Okay," I mumbled hugging him. "Promise me you won't  die."

  "I promise," Carter whispered. "Now go."

  "I'm holding you to that promise," I warned walking over to Hades.

  "Wait," Carter grabbed my arm and turned me around before crashing his lips on mine. "I love you, never forget that."

  "I love you, too." I said before jumping on Hades and took off before I heard gunshots. "Please stay alive."

*Jake*

  "We need to bring him back alive," I told Brice. "You know where we're going?"

  "Pretty good idea," he said loading his gun. "Let's go."

   "DANI!" 

  "Becca wait," Brice yelled while his girlfriend ran out the door.

  "You have to help them they are out numbered," I caught the last of what Dani was saying.

  "Let's go Jake," Brice yelled before starting up one of the four wheelers.

*Dani*

  "Please be okay," I whispered while Becca hugged me.

  "They'll be alright," she said. "You wanna go see Sam? He's still at the clinic."

  "Yeah," I mumbled following her to the Jeep.

  Hours later Uncle Brandon showed up and was talking to Daddy.

  "Uncle Brandon," I said walking over to them. "Where's Carter?"

  "Honey," he sighed taking a step towards me.

  "No," I shook my head.

  "He's..."

{Quote:

"I like the night. Without the dark we'd never see the stars.". -?}