Chapter Twelve

🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰HAPPY EASTER🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰🐇🐰
🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹
*Carter*

"Cain," the man holding a gun to Dani's head smirked. "Long time, how have you been?"

"Brant," I growled. "What are you doing here?"

"Got paid to pop off your girlfriend," he grinned nuzzling Dani's cheek. "Although I might hold off for a bit, she'll be fun to play with."

"Let her go," Jake said. "Before you do something you'll regret."

"Nope," Brant laughed and Dani whimpered staring at me scared. "I got offered five grand for this no way am I going to past up o..."

"Shut up," Robby grumbled holding a rolling pin. "You can go out the back, someone probably called the cops."

"Thanks Rob," I muttered grabbing Dani while Jake and Jack grabbed an unconscious Brant. "Come on princess let's get you out of here."

After putting Dani in the car I nodded at Jake and sped away.

*Dani*

"How do you know him?" I whispered when the silence got to me.

"He used to be my partner until he betrayed the company I'm working for." Carter sighed turning towards me, "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine," I sighed. " Not the first time someone threaten someone I know using me."

"I never meant for you to be dragged into this," Carter groaned. "When your family finds out they are going to kill me."

"I'm not telling them," I said. "Just don't leave me again."

"Not planning on it," Carter said holding my hand. "Now I need you to stay with Jack while I go take care of something's, I will be back in a few hours."

"Okay," I whispered. "Just be careful."

"Always am princess," Carter said kissing my forehead.

"I think we can make it to my room before mom realizes I'm back," Jack says and drags me inside. "We just have to be qui..."

"Jacqueline Nina Mason were have you been and where is your brother?" an older version of Jack said standing in the doorway demanded.

"Out?" Jack said but it sounded more like a question.

"MINE!" Someone yelled and I tackled away from Jack.

"Dani!"

"Landon!"

People where yelling and the boy was pulled off me an Jack helped me up.

"Ow," I groaned rubbing my head looking at the boy. "Are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that," he said. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm Landon."

"It's alright," I smiled. "Although I wouldn't be throwing a football in the house."

"Liam threw it," he mumbled.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED HERE?" someone yelled and I looked at the door to see Carter and Jake.

"Where have you been?" The woman demanded and Jake moved slightly behind Carter while Jack and Landon slowly back us out of the room.

"Liam," Landon yelled and I noticed a different boy leaning against a tree typing on his phone. "I this is..."

"Dani," I smiled softly and Liam and he nodded before grabbing the ball from Landon and running off. "Um..."

"He doesn't speak much," Jack said turning back to the house. "Stay here, I'm going to try and calm mom down."

"K," I mumbled watching the boys play football.

"You play?" A voice asked from behind me and I jumped startled.

"A little," I said turn to face a older man taking a step back when I saw how big he was. "I played some with my dad and brothers."

"Jackson," he smiled and I relaxed. "I'm guessing your friends with Jack."

"Yeah," I smiled. "Dani."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Jackson said. "Walk with me."

"I don't..." I mumbled looking at the house.

"My wife is going to keep them busy," he chuckled and I nodded following him.

*Carter*

"This is why I don't come to your house," I said after we got away from Linda, Jake and Jack's mom. "Where's Dani?"

"She's outside with Landon and Liam," Jack said and when I looked around I didn't see her. "She's not here."

"Left her right here,"

"Does it look like she's here?" I growled and grabbed my phone but before I could do anything I heard laughing. Glancing up I saw Dani and Jackson walking out of his shop.

"See she's fine," Jack huffed walking inside.

"Dani," I said and she looked my direction. Jackson said something to her and she smiled nodding before running over to me.

"What were you and Jackson talking about?" I asked hugging her.

"Nothing," Dani shrugged kissing my cheek.

[Quote:
"Reading is Sexy." -?]