Chapter 06

Naruto was currently standing in front of the Third Hokage himself. Once they had made it into the tower they had confirmed that they were done and had gotten Sasuke to the medics so as to make sure that he was fine. No one could do anything about the seal on Sasuke's neck as it was too complex and integrated. While everyone was taking time off at the tower and waiting for everyone else to finish, Naruto had made a clone to hold his place while he went to talk to the Hokage.

As he stood there the Sandaime was getting increasingly nervous about Naruto's presence in his office. Lately, the two had kept their distance and only talked when something important was about to be made known. He wondered what was about to happen. It was bound to be an important discussion for Naruto to have come to his office. The moment Naruto walked in the Kage activated the privacy seal knowing that it was going to be important. Naruto was simply staring at him.

In his mind, Naruto was laughing. It was fun to let the Hokage sit there and squirm in his illustrious chair. Finally, Naruto decided to end it.

"There are two things I want to know about and you will answer my questions honestly. I can't afford to be lied to right now." Hiruzen nodded. "Good. The first is Orochimaru. That psychopath put a seal on Sasuke. What was it and why?"

The Sandaime's face grew grim. "That seal was something we know very little about. Even though Orochimaru was my student I failed to see what he was. As he continued to descend into madness and darkness he started experimenting on people. Very little is known about it but that seal is called the curse seal. It has a very low survivability rate. However, we don't know much other than that, and that it grants the user power but at the cost of Orochimaru being able to use it to influence them to a certain degree. "

"Hmm... Alright, the other thing I wanted to know about is Itachi."

"What about him?"

"What happened the night of the massacre?"

"We don't know much other than that he killed his entire clan before they could react and that he left his brother alive. From what Sasuke told us, Itachi wanted him to let his anger and hatred grow until he was strong enough to challenge him. It seems he wanted Sasuke to grow into a worthy opponent in his eyes."

"Then do tell me, why Itachi came to me that night making me promise that I would help Sasuke stay on the right path and get stronger?"

The old man was now gaping in shock. Naruto had never told him about this. "What do you mean? What happened?"

"I already told you what happened. Now you tell me why Itachi seemed to be acting. With me or with Sasuke he was acting. Though if he wanted Sasuke to grow in his hatred I doubt he would have come to me at all. I can see it in your eyes, you are hiding something. I already told you that I want the truth. It has been denied me for so long until recently."

The Hokage sighed, Naruto was beginning to be the source of a few headaches lately. "Naruto, I want you to understand that if what I am about to tell you ever leaves your mouth, even to your inner circle, then I will have no choice but to put you to death."

"That does sound important. I understand. Go on."

"I hope you know that I am telling you a secret that was supposed to stay buried."

"So was my secret. Now stop stalling."

He sighed. "The relations between the Uchiha and the rest of the village have never been great. They got even worse after the Kyuubi attacked. Many thought they saw the Sharingan in its eyes and the only person to have ever controlled that monster was Madara Uchiha. Eventually, Itachi came to me and told me about how the Uchiha were planning a coup d'etat. We knew that if they did this it would cause many more deaths than we caused by doing what we did."