"Takizawa Alternate" Ending

As the light of the Infinite Tsukuyomi faded away, Naruto appeared in the battle-torn wasteland in a flash. With his sons and Kichigai at his side, he tossed Skull to the ground and let his limp body lay there. He looked around, displeased but not surprised to see the massive roots spread across the ground with thousands of people hanging from them.

His interest was especially piqued to see Sasuke laying on the ground with blood seeping from one eye and slightly burned, but otherwise, merely unconscious.

"It would seem Itachi's investment was not misplaced." Ha mumbled.

And then he looked to the source of all this chaos. Kaguya Ootsutsuki standing there in front of the tree, Black Zetsu clinging to her sleeve.

Skull's body twitched and his head turned to stare forward and see what had been wrought upon the world through his efforts. And then, regardless of the pain it caused him, regardless of the brain damage, he smiled.

"Yes." Skull rasped out. "Welcome back to the world, my beloved. Your most faithful Takizawa has seen to it that you have been revived."

He started picking himself up, the last pieces of shattered skull falling from his face. His wavy hair falling down to his mid-back and his face now seen without the skull obstructing the view of it.

"Long ago a monster guarded the sacred fruit. And millennia later, it has finally come full circle for my mistakes to correct themselves."

Kaguya looked at Takizawa for a moment, at first unable to recognize him. Her eyes then widened in shock. Tears flowed from her eyes.

"Taki? Is it you? Taki? My sweet Taki?" she asked.

Black Zetsu said nothing and Naruto remained still as Takizawa walked over to her, a slight limp in his step before the final piece of skin and tissue stitched back together. And within seconds he stood right in front of her.

Her hand moved and she cupped his cheek, pulling him closer.

"It's me, my love. I've missed you so very much." Takizawa said.

"It's been so very long, according to Zetsu. Yet you haven't aged a day. You look so handsome. Now I am complete."

"Do not worry. I'm here. I'm so sorry I left you alone for so long. After Zetsu blew up our home, I had no memory, but after I remembered I wanted nothing more than to return. But I was so scared. And then she started to attack our sons. At the time, there was nothing I could do but wait and watch. My own fear kept me from you, but now, I have ravaged nations and traversed time to set things right. To bring you back."

Kaguya grabbed his shoulders, pulled him tightly against her and leaned her head into his chest. "I'm so glad that after all these years-"

Takizawa shushed her and caressed her back. "Don't say anything. Just relax, Kaguya. I love you, know that. But also know, that I am not here for you."

There was a ripping pain in Kaguya's chest as Takizawa pressed his hand through Kaguya's ribcage, grabbing a firm hold of her heart. But that was not what he was after.

"What are you doing?!" Blazk Zetsu shouted in a panic.

"Freeing my beloved," Takizawa responded. He grabbed the beating heart tightly and began pulling something from it, a power that woke and pulsed at his touch. It was familiar and powerful.

He pulled his hand back out, light pulsing in his grip. The massive tree moved and creaked in response to this light being exposed. A large root ripped itself from the ground, its tendrils wrapping around Takizawa and absorbing the light.

"Yes, be free my beloved! Your loyal servant Takizawa has finally revived you! Reawaken Shinju!"