Chapter 15

[A/N] I wanted to let everyone know that chapter 02 of the rewrite is being posted alongside this chapter. The rewrite is set up as its own story, so if you want to check that out it will be a separate work.

Two years before.

     Naruto was walking through one of the dark halls of Chronicle's northern base outside of Kiri. After things there had been settled, the underground, and temporary, base had been shut down and sealed up, though not destroyed in case it was needed in an emergency.

"Alright. This is where we'll begin." Naruto said to the several dozen clones behind him. He quickly constructed a Rasengan in his hand before driving it into the wall. It quickly dug into the wall before Naruto expanded it and forced it to explode. When the dust settled there was a massive and deep hole in the wall.

"Get to it. We're going to need this done when the project finally bares results. Unlike my father, I will not be limited to a simple kunai marker."

Now

     Naruto was standing in the middle of his personal library, focusing on gathering nature energy while his clones were running around the room. The clones were constantly disappearing and reappearing in Naruto's improvised version of the Hiraishin. He had been able to use the seal formulas with the shunshin to create a limited version. Because of the seals it still created a flash, but its range was much shorter than either of the original jutsu. However, it made up for that with its increased speed and accuracy.

Naruto released his hold on the natural energy and opened his eyes. One of the clones had overshot and flew through the air. It landed on a spot with a seal on it and flashed away before appearing on the other side of the room and flying through the air again. He impacted the wall and dispelled.

Naruto had a smile on his face a moment later.

"All clones, line up!" he shouted.

A second later the clones were in front of him, each holding a black Hiraishin kunai with a black tag and gold sealing array around the handle.

They disappeared instantly and reappeared around the room in black and white flashes.

Naruto's smile grew. He had work to do "Go. Get to work on spreading them. Use the preservation seals and get started. I'm going to do what my father was too short-sighted to do."

Once the other clones were gone he created a single other one, using every ounce of chakra, natural energy and some of the Kyuubi's included, that he had. He looked at the other version of himself as he had trouble breathing.

"Go... You know...what to do. Don't forget the MRPs. I'll have...the other one sent to join you...the moment I save up enough chakra to create him. Don't worry though. I'll be sending more soon enough... Now go."

A moment later the clone was gone. Naruto put an MRP in his mouth and went to sit down. He needed a rest. He went over some memories of a few dispersed clones. Construction was almost complete.

     Jiraiya was responding to a report of Naruto being sighted nearby, rushing through the trees in one of the many forested areas of Kaze. He had been in Kaze no Kuni with some of the members of his network when the report came in. The report had also said that he was alone and appeared to be worn out after being chased down by, and barely escaping, a group of Suna-nin.

Jiraiya was nearing the area when he suddenly stopped and dodged a large surge of electricity that tore through the tree he was just standing in. When the smoke settled he looked up and saw Naruto standing there.