Epilogue

"Shino died, like most of the shinobi, but was saved by Naruto in the end. Kamaji survived and was Uzukage for a while, though he is still in a wheelchair thanks to the war. Orochimaru and Kabuto just...disappeared. They pop up now and then, giving us gifts of their research, but I still remember what Orochimaru told us. Before he left, he said 'what if Naruto is the last great man sent to save us from ourselves? The fact that he even brought me back...maybe that is the pardon and salvation...for me...for the Elemental Nations....for all of us? The last light of hope in this world in any war that comes after this?' And then he left. But that...that is the story."

Hinata finished her speech, bringing herself back to the present.

Shino, now wearing the Uzukage robes, Hinata, and Anko were sitting beneath the tree, passing around some snacks as they watched the sun set over Uzushio. They had lived peacefully within the village for so long. Peace had reined under the village and the unity it had long ago brought to the world. It was time for the celebration. Eleven years, just over a decade, this peace had survived.

Hinata looked over as Obito crested the hill, a bag of steaks over his shoulder and a red Kage hat on his head. Itachi was right behind him, pulling the grill.

Some of the others had shown up not so long ago and everyone was preparing for the party. The Crest Gun was in the distance, loaded to the brim with thousands of fireworks. The Bahamut Sky Fortress could be seen in the distance, lights of various colors flashing in the windows as the people who still had to man it were throwing their own party. They had taken a week to set up the lighting and music.

All of them saw it as this great and beautiful thing. This beautiful thing their friend had given his life to give them. Even Kurama, his white fur practically glowing in the sun, was laying down nearby and smirking as he talked with some and laughing at a joke someone told him.

Each of them looked over at Kurama and how he sounded. He was happy. They all were. What they had built had been built to last. And so it had.

Hinata turned back and looked at the sunset before looking down into her arms. It was what Naruto had left her. A clone. A small child created by splicing DNA. Her own and Naruto's. A child like the one he would have eventually given her were he alive to have a life with her. It was how he was supposed to make it up to her for dying before actually giving her a child.

She had chosen to accept the gift, albeit with a long time between discovering the child and making that decision. It had taken her years to decide what to really do. Nine years, leaving the girl just over a year old in her arms. The girl had been in a stasis of sorts, giving Hinata more than enough time to come to the decision of raising the child and teaching them all about who their father had been.

Hinata looked back up, loving this. She was surrounded by friends, with great food and a good time to celebrate this. To celebrate everything they had ever wanted.

Shrimp, steak, chicken, corn, potatoes, ramen, and a myriad of other foods permeated the air with their smells of being cooked and made.

The sunset. It was so beautiful.

"And that is how your father defeated the enemies of the world. How he saved the world. He was the bravest of us all. He wasn't afraid to help those the rest left to the darkness. And he wasn't afraid to give his life to save everyone. And that's how the story ends."

"Hey, how's it going!?" someone asked as they crested the hill. It was Ochiai. Fuu the immortal, the other eight including their new members, as well as some of the others stood at his sides. Though none were actually immortal anymore, they liked the titles and kept them, though they were visibly older now.

Kagari, wearing the Raikage robes, and Kureo, wearing the Tsuchikage robes, walked up to them, happy to join.

Some of the old Jinchuriki, Fuu, Roshi, Utakata, Han, Yugito, and Killer Bee, were walking up also along with so many others. The old Akatsuki members, including Konan and Nagato. So many were here, and now it was time to celebrate.

"And it's how another one begins."

     Kabuto worked in their lab, handing another chemical to Orochimaru. The elder took the chemical into a needle before forcing it into the arm of a man they had tied down. The man screamed for a moment before calming down and falling asleep.

"We have success Kabuto," Orochimaru said.

"Congratulations. We just discovered a cure for cancer."

"That is right, dear boy. Now, get dressed. We wouldn't want to be late for your wedding, now would we? I swear that girl would have us both hanging by our entrails if you left her waiting."

They grabbed their coats and began leaving the facility. "Don't forget to deliver that," Kabuto said.

"Don't you worry, Kabuto. I'll take care of it. But first, it's been so long since I had a slice of wedding cake."

     Gaara stood atop the Kazekage tower, Shukaku standing nearby, both of them watching the sky and waiting.

"That boy truly was something," Shukaku said. "It's a shame he couldn't be here this day."

"Yes, it is," Gaara said.

They both looked over and saw the other sand siblings walking up. They both greeted them. They then turned to the sky and waited.

     Yagura stood on top of the Mizukage tower with Mei. They intertwined their hands and looked up in the sky.

And as they stared up, they saw the sky light up. Fireworks went off as the Crest Gun fired them into the sky, large enough and high enough to be seen by everyone from Mizu to Suna.

     ...

     ...

     ...

     "I'm not sure if it will happen, how long it will take, or what will happen if this is successful. I have to thank you for the chance you gave me even if it isn't or is. I created this clone with as much of your chakra as I could in the hopes that we might both get second chances. I hope this works so that I might repay you for having given me life at all. I wish there were more chances, that there was more time, but there aren't. So, if you do receive this message, thank you. I'm sorry that I stood against you as long as I did. But as it turns out, facing death makes me feel more alive than anything else. So we shall see. And if this does work, and you do inherit my, Kichigai's, second clone, well.....then I wish you good luck, Naruto Uzumaki. But if not, welcome back to me."

The man stood there, deep within the cave. Its limbs had been sore and its eyes unaccustomed to light as he moved his body towards the entrance to this cave. He guarded his eyes as he stood in the entrance. He saw fireworks in the sky as he adjusted.

His hair was white and had grown down past his feet but was oily from not being cleaned in eleven years. One of his eyes was a deep blue while the other had a red iris with a golden sclera.

"Welcome back and good luck indeed. I wonder...how long have I been gone?"