Why?

Chapter 5

I wake up and get a shower. When I'm done, I put on blue jean shorts that cover, a baggy mahogany sweater, a mahogany beanie, and black vans. This is like a comfort outfit for me.

I'm just sad that my dads fiancé, Gina, cleaned out most of my black clothing hoping I would change. But what she doesn't know, is that I have a stash of about four thousand dollars I have been saving since I was like eight years old, so i can always go shopping after school.

My mom encouraged me to save money from a young age. She says that I can use it for anything I want. I haven't seen or talked to my mom in two years. I'm sad and mad about that. I don't think that its right.

"Amelia, sweetheart, come downstairs please. We need to talk to you before you go to school!" My dad yells from the kitchen.

"Okay I'm coming!" I shout back. I grab my bag and tread downstairs. "What do you want? I'm gonna be late for school if you don't hurry this up."

"Do talk to me that way missy. But I called you down because after school you are going to drive home and you, Cameron, Gina, and I are going bridesmaid dress shopping."

"Yay!!"

"Why are you so happy?"

"I'm happy because I can buy all new black clothes with the money I saved! Oh, can Kat, Ari, Camille, and Annie come with us? I'll drive to the shop."

"Whatever makes my daughter happy I will do. So yes they can come along."

"Yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I jump up and down. I run over and hug my dad.

"Huh someone is sure happy today."

"Ugh Cameron. Just go get in the car."

"Fine whatever you say." He mumbles and walks out the door. I give my dad a kiss on the cheek and run out the door. I jump into the driver side of the car and turn on the ignition.

"You know you don't have to be so grumpy." Cameron snickers.

"Well you don't have to be so bratty." I shot back.

"Fine whatever, just get to school I want to see Annie."

"Okay, but I have one question."

"What is it?"

"You remember the party right? Well I was wondering. What dare did you get?"

"Its hilarious! Its this dare where I have to get you to cheat on Austin. I just don't know how to do it. What was yours?" I turn to glance at him. I have the same dare for him! And I would never ever cheat on Austin. I love him.

"Well my dare was to jump off a train at midnight." I lied. My dare is a secret from him for now until I can get him to cheat on Annie. With me. Wait. What? Never mind.

"Ouch that sounds like it's gonna hurt."

"It did."

"You've done it? When?"

"That's none of your business." By now we've made it to school. I park my car in the usual spot and get out. I lock the doors behind me. You can't trust people around school grounds.

I hear fast footsteps from behind me.

"What? Why won't you tell me?"

"Because its none of your bu-" I get cut off by someone.

"Hey guys! What's up?"

"The sky." Cameron replies.

"Nothing much. What's up with you Liam?"