My Everything

Cameron's pov

I can't stop thinking about what happened all those days ago. It's my fault that it happened. I should've pushed her out of the way but I didnt. And now she's in a coma. She has been for a week now. It's so hard on everyone. The doctors don't know how long she will be out, but the crew and family has visited her. Sometimes I just sit here. Holding her hand. Wanting her to wake up. Saying the things I should have said but didnt.

Things like, "I'm so sorry I put you through all that pain those years ago, I'm sorry for not telling you my feelings earlier but I was confused." And etcetra. I never noticed how she held a huge part of my life.....and heart, until this has happened.

But I've heard, "You don't know what you've got til it's gone." But in this case, I didn't know what I had until she's laying unconscious in front of me.

It's so hard to see her like this. I never thought she could have ended up this way. Yet there was always this possibility that it would happen. But...it was such a slim chance. I don't know how I'm going to do this. She was always strong. No matter what.

She was my everything for 13 years. Then I messed it up.

"Cameron? Honey? What are you doing here again? You should get home, take a shower, and eat some real food. You know how this hospital is. Their food is terrible."

"I would. But I have no way of getting there."

"Yes you do."

"Mother no I don't. OK?"

"YES Y-"

"OK how then?!"

"Austin is here waiting to pick you up. I saw him sitting outside debating about something and I stopped and asked him if he could take you home."

"Mo-"

"Dont interrupt me again, mister. Or I will ground you for so long, you won't even have a life!"

"Well dang mom! You're definitely stressed out. Maybe you could go home and I'll stay her-"

"No. You are going home and that's final."

"Fine whatever," I get up out of my seat and walk out of the room. As I walk down the hallway, I can't help but think about what Austin was 'debating' about with himself.

Why would Austin be here? I mean he's the one who cheated on her. Sometimes I just think about why would someone do that. Cheating can get messy. It is messy. So much confusion involed. And no matter what, somebody ends up being heartbroken.

As I walk down the hallway, I notice patients being pushed in and out of rooms. But one room caught my eye. It has a little boy in the room holding a stuffed dog. Or puppy. He looks to be at most 5 years old. His features..they're diffrent. Faint grey eyes, big rimmed glasses, and.....no hair. I'm not sure what draws me to him, but he seems different from the other patients.

"Excuse me. Sir? Do you need anything?" I turn to find a nurse looking at me. I shake my head no and walk out of the doors ant to the elevator to go down. I'm so confused. I've never seen a kid suffer like that before. It's not right.

Few weeks later

It's not fair. It's never fair when you play the game of life. Someone always cheats in anyway possible. That's just how the game is played. It's not fair and it never will be, no matter what type of extent you go to.

So recently I've been falling behind on school work, because of the situation with Lia. She likes me, I like her. But we aren't talking.... she's still in the hospital. In a coma.... it's so hard on the family. Every where we go, my parents are pointing out something that reminds them of her or even I do it sometimes. I've known her for almost all my life. I know her like I know the back of my hand and vice versa. She will always be my everything.

I've been going through the memories of us when we were kids. It's delightful to see her all cheerful and happy. Yet that's obviously not the case right now.

Every time I visit Lia in the hospital, I also visit the little boy. His name is Andrew, and he has a extreme form of leukemia. It's so sad to see a young kid like him to go through that. I've been helping him with entertaining himself, and multiple other things. It's said for him to get out soon, that the treatment is almost done. I'm so excited for that.

I've also found out that he is in an adoption agency, he's been there since he was a few months old. Andrew doesn't exactly know what happened then. He always says that his mother will come back for him soon enough. But I already know that's not the case.

"Cameron. I want to talk to you about something," mom walks up to me with a somber look on her face.

"Yeah?"

"So you know Christmas is coming up, and I want to ask you something."

"What is it?" What could she possibly be up to?

"Do you believe in Christmas miracles?"

"Uh I'm not sure. I mean I never experienced one. And it's pretty close to Christmas and nothing has happened yet out of the ordinary," the phone ringing interrupts our conversation. Mom answers it.

"It's the hospital." She mouthed. I hold my breath. Waiting to hear what they got to say.