New Beginning

Chapter 17
Cameron's pov

"I love you."

I thought it was a dream when she said those words. I've been waiting for so long to hear them. I just can't believe it. I let go of her, look her in the face and say it back.

"I love you too." I bend down and kiss her. I've been waiting so long for this moment. I just didn't think it would happen when she's in a hospital bed, and I'm on top of her. Hugging her. And probably hurting her. Without noticing I get up and a tear falls from my face. Lia gets a confused look on her face.

"I don't want to hurt you."

"You're fine. Honestly. I would tell you if you were. Trust me Cam. You could never hurt me as much as you once did," she reassures me. I nod and sit down next to her. She smiles and closes her eyes. Our parents smile.

"Lia.. Your father and I have something to tell you," Mom says.

"Wait, I have something to say first."

Amelia's POV

"Wait, I have something to say first," I think back to me being in the clouds, with him. Tears start to form.

"I saw him."

"Who's him?" Asks dad.

"Nicholas." Dads expression just falls. His face goes pale. Now I can't stop the tears from pouring from my eyes. I miss him so much. I honestly didnt think I would ever see him again. But I did...

"You saw him?" I nod. He slowly sits down. Gina and Cameron nod their head in understanding.

Nicholas was my twin brother. He passed away...in a car crash....that's why my family was freaking out when they heard about me. They didnt want to lose another child the same way they did Nicholas.

He was with a babysitter for the day. A day we will never forget... But I'm not gonna go into it right now.

"What did he say?"

"He said that it's not my time. And that someone special needs me. So I came back. I was in heaven..and I saw him. He was his 8 year old self. He looked so good for being gone so long," dads face lit up knowing he was in a better place.

"You sure it was him? I mean, it could be any little boy."

"Dad, I know what my own twin brother looks like," I giggle a little through the tears. He smiles and sits down.

"I'm just happy you're alive. Here. On earth. And not in the dream state you were in... I love you Amelia. You are the best daughter anyone can ever ask for."

"I love you too dad."

I feel someone grab my hand. I look over and its Cameron. He is the only one out of my friend group that knows about Nicholas, since we have been friends longer than me and the others. I'm just glad he's here for me. Forever now. Hopefully.

"Well, Amelia. The doctors have something to say," I was so lost in Cameron's eyes, I didnt notice the doctors walk in. I turn in the bed, still holding onto his hand.

"We need to take a few tests to see when you are able and well enough to go home," I nod in agreement. Well I tried to anyways. It hurt like hell. There's an ache throughout my whole body. Even though I hurt my everything, I still remember all of it. All of the events that happened before I was hit. Normally people can't remember. But somehow I can.

"When?"

"When she feels most comfortable ma'am," Cam's mom nods. I wonder what they had to tell me...
.
.
(Skip the tests til the day she gets home)
.
.
Today is July 8th. I'm finally Home after all that time in the hospital, it felt like I was never gonna get out of there. A few things are still healing but I can move everything mostly a OK.

That was quite an adventure. The doctors said they were surprised I didnt forget anything at all. I'm happy that I still have my memory. Or else I wouldnt be able to deal with it. Whether I remembered or not it still would drive me crazy.

Fun fact: I actually haven't talked a lot since I woke up. My hearing is back, and I can speak just fine. I dont know why I'm like this. Oh! But what I'm upset about most is that Cameron is just so awed at me being back he usually can't contain his excitement around me.

Not in that way you pervs (jk but if you thought that, well I know you did :D you can't fool me)  but he is just so happy now than when he was.

"Amelia, sweetie. May we talk to you out in the living room?" Dad asks.

"Well I'm already here so talk."

"O-oh yeah haha. Well me and Gina have something to tell you. Cameron already knows. You might be surprised to hear this," I nod my head and make a movement with my hands saying continue.

This time Gina talks.

"Well, Amelia, your father and I are no longer engaged," my mouth drops. I swear I can catch a fly if its open just a bit more.

"WHAT WH- WHY?" I say.

"We found out that Cameron had feelings for you. And so we figured you'd have feelings for him too. So we wanted to end our relationship for you and him to be together," dad says. I close my mouth all the way this time.

They ended their relationship for one that might not even work out. Small tears start to fall out of my eyes. Happy tears. Cameron walks up and sits next to me. He kisses me on the forehead and pulls me close. A smile spreads across my lips.

"Thank you," I say. I get up and slowly head to my room with the help of Cameron.

Let's see who can remember what chapter this is from. First 5 get a shoutout for guessing the right chapter.

Before Cameron can leave. I ask him something. Well more like say it.

"Stay with me please? I dont wanna be alone."
.
.
.
.
And that's the end of a chapter!! I hope you guys liked it and finally appreciated me uploading a chapter after a few months. I'm so sorry for not updating when I said I would. I just haven't really had motivation lately because of color guard taking up so much of my time. I hope you guys understand <3

Love you all
Aleah <33