News

Amelia's POV

Before the call

I look around. Unaware of my surroundings, it's all white and peaceful. I look down. Looks and feels like I'm standing on clouds. I start to walk around and see a small bench and sit on it. I notice I'm wearing a beautiful all white dress, with white sandals. My hair is curled to perfection, and in my natural color. Which doesn't make any sense considering I dyed it a while ago.

I hear a small voice come from behind me. I turn around. And to my surprise, a young boy is standing right behind me. I stand up, tears threatning to spill, and walk towards him. He smiles wide and says

"Hello Amelia."

"Hi there. You're not supposed to be here. Well I don't really know because you're well...um..gone."

"I know. But I do know that you're not supposed to be here yet."

"What do you mean? What is this place?"

"It's Heaven, but you don't belong here. Not yet. You need to stay alive Amelia. There is someone other than your parents who need you more than anything. I think you know who that is."

"Cameron..."I murmured.

"That's right," he said. "Now all you have to do, is tell yourself to wake up."

"But N-"

"Don't say anything. I love you Amelia. I hope to see you again in the future. Not the near future though." He says.

"I love you too," I say, silent tears pouring down my face. I run up and hug him. He reluctantly hugs me back, squeezing tight. We say goodbye for the second time in our life.

"We'll see each other again." I slowly let go of him and turn to walk away. But before I start trying to wake myself up, I hear him yell "Go get him tiger!" I chuckle and turn away.

I say to myself.

You need to wake up, you need to wake up, you need to wake up.

Everything around me starts fading, and eventually everything goes black.

I hear faint beeping, and sighs of relief. I open my eyes. Everything is blurry. It looks like there are multiple people are surrounding me. Saying something that I can't understand, my hearing being half gone it seems.

Someone says "we ---- to ---- her fam---" I couldn't make out certain parts. But I could feel a sense of hope in the back of my mind. That they're calling the ones closest to me.

A few minutes passed. But now, my eyes fully opened, my hearing is still mostly gone, but some is still there, not all but most, and small aches and pains in my body became noticeable.

Someone knocks on my door. A doctor walks in, with my family. Dad, Gina, and...Cameron. They all have huge smiles on their faces to see me awake. But, Cameron, Cameron looks like he just saw a ghost in his bedroom or something. He sits down quietly in a seat towards the far corner of the room. Dad and gina sit on both sides of my bed. Each one grabs one of my hands.

Dad says something, I can't tell what it is. I let go of his hand and motion that I can barely hear. I can sense that something inside of him broke. He speaks a little louder. This time I can hear most of what he says.

"I'm -- glad ----- awake," Is what I hear. I speak back.

"I'm glad to be here," he smiles wide, while I try to comprehend the sound of my own voice. It sounds...broken. I hold back a small tear an look over to Gina.

"We ---- you ---," I can't understand but I also understand at the same time from reading her lips. She says that they love me. I'm so happy I learned how to read lips when I was little.

I smile gently. Still wondering what got me here in the first place. I look over to the corner and see Cameron with his head down, small drops falling from his face. Tears. He's crying. I just don't know from what. Gina says something to dad and I guess she's whispering because I can't hear anything at all. Dad face seems to drop at what she says. She lifts her left hand slightly and I don't see the ring my father gave her. I make a questioning face. Dad just brushes it off. They both get up and walk away.

Cameron slowly looks up from where he's sitting. Stands up, and takes a seat next to me on the bed. He slowly leans down and engulfs me in a hug. He's shaking, and crying, and overall letting out his feelings. I open my mouth and say three little words every guy wants to hear.

"I love you."

Hello! I'm sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to get this one out since I published another one before this today also. So I hope you guys liked it! Tell me what I should do next. Vote and comment! <3

With much love,
Aleah <3 <3