All About You

I look for my phone in my pockets but I can't find it. I stand up and look where I was sitting. Nothing. I search around the area and I can't find it.

Some footsteps appear in the distance. I turn and see that it's Cameron holding my phone in his hand. I smile.

"Thanks."

"Your phone," right before he tosses it to me I hear him scream. "Lia look out!" I turn around confused. All I see is headlights coming at me fast. I have no time. I need to get out of here. Quick. But before I could.......

Cameron's POV

I turn away, knowing what's gonna happen. I don't want to see her get hurt. So I don't try to save her. I hear a crash and a blood boiling scream. I know it's too late. It's done. She's been hit.

I turn. There she is. Laying on the ground. Hurt. Wounded. I pull out my phone and call 911. There is so much blood. I can't look at her.

The ambulance arrives about five minutes later. They pickup Amelia and put her in the ambulance and drive away. Some policemen ask me questions about what happened. I told them what I saw and heard. It's so tragic they had said. I know that.

After they are done asking questions, I give them her dad's number to call. I'm not going to that hospital. I could've saved Amelia but...I didn't. She could be awake and on the side of the street right now if I had done something. It's all my fault she was hurt. If I didn't distract her, she would be safe. If I just helped her out of the way of the car, she could be safe. But. I didn't. I can't think about anything else but the time right before she was hit.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault.

I feel some wetness on my cheeks and notice I'm crying. I take off running. Going anywhere my feet takes me. I run away from the crash site, my guilt, my fears, my tears. Everything.

It's been so long since we've been real friends but still. Even though I don't act like it, I still am her friend. And I always will be. It might not seem like it but it's true. If she doesn't make it... I don't know what I'll do with myself. She tried keeping us together all those years ago, but I wouldn't let her. It's my fault that she ended up the way she did.

It's all about her. It always has been. Sometimes when we we're younger she would say "It's all about you". When in reality it's all about her. It's crazy how life turns out once you lose the one person you can open up to.

Now she's on her way to the hospital for something I didn't save her from.

I stop running. Sitting on a large rock by a river I've never seen before. I look up to the sky and say:

"Its all about you, Lia. It always has been."