Chapter 15

A/N: It's been around 6 months since I updated this story. It took some time but here's the next chapter. Enjoy! 

(Yuki's POV)

I followed Homare's gaze as he glimpse at the crumpled box of chocolate that fell on the ground. I froze as his cold gaze shifted towards me. His expression, if there was any, was very minimal and barely noticeable. I wonder what he was thinking. I fell stupid as he look at me with his lips parted slightly as if he was about to say something but then his lips pressed into a thin line.

"This is so embarrassing." I mumbled as I broke eye contact. "Please, just forget everything that happened today."

I smiled weakly at him and bowed slightly then I turned my back and started to walk without looking back.

As I walk further away from him, the tears that I was fight back became more difficult to hold. A few more steps difficult became impossible. And my tears fall down my cheeks uncontrollably.

I held my head low in the hope that my bangs will hide my face and picked up a faster pace not wanting to stop until I bumped against someone.

"I'm sorry." I whispered without looking and was about to resume walking when I felt a gentle hand grabbed my arm.

"Yuki?" A familiar voice called.

Upon instinct I looked up and saw Taketo.

His brown knitted when he saw my current state.

"Oh. Tak." I faked a smiled and casually wiped my cheeks with my forefinger.

"Why are you crying?"

"I... Uhm... My contacts hurt my eyes so..."

Taketo frowned, not buying my lame excuse.

"I should go, Chiharu was waiting for me." I lied and hurriedly left.

(Homare's POV)

I was greeted by Yui's grinning face as soon as I entered our home. She followed my around like as lost puppy.

"What?" I asked head to my room.

"I know you have lots of chocolates today." Yui replied, her grin spread wider.

Before she could tease me I opened my bag and handed her all of those chocolates wrapped in cute packaging I was force to receive.

"Why are you saving that one?" Yui asked when she spotted the box of chocolate that I left inside my bag.

"I'm not going to give you something that fell on the ground." I answered in my usually matter-of-fact tone.

"Why would you want something that fell on the ground?" Yui pouted.

Her question caught me off guard.

'Why would I?' I asked.

"And why did you picked up something that already fell?" Yui asked me with her tiny hands on her waist.

"Stop asking me nonsense and go do your homework." I replied with a frown and head to my room.

"Hey, big brother?" Yui called.

"What?" I went inside my room its door was still wide open.

"Did Yuki gave you some chocolates?" Yui asked grinning from ear to ear.

"Go do your homework." I firmly said and gently shut the door close.

My hand curled into fists. Hearing her name make me remember how heartbroken she looked when she smiled weakly at me before leaving.

'You made her cry.' I remembered Taketo confront me a few minutes after Yuki left.

I made her cry...

The thought alone made me hate myself.