Chapter 16

(Yuki's POV)

I was lying motionless on my bed in prone position and my phone has been ringing nonstop since morning. The screen flashes Chiharu's or Nakamura's name. I can't take the guilty feeling due to ignoring my friends call anymore so finally, I swiped the screen of my phone to answer the call.

"Yuki! What happened to you?" Chiharu cried from the other line.

"We're so worried!" Nakamura chipped in.

"I just feel so lazy today I decided to skipped school" I answer feeling guiltier.

"Am I on speaker?" I asked as I turned to lie on my back.

"Yes! But don't worry, we are the only ones currently here on the roof top." Nakamura replied.

"We're so sorry about what happened between you and Homare." Chiharu said softly.

"I shouldn't have forced you to confess." Nakamura said.

"You did not force me to do anything!" I exclaimed. "Nobody could make me do something against my will so please don't feel responsible or guilty about what happened... That's life. You get rejected sometimes. Don't worry..." I smiled weakly. "I'll get over him. It's just some stupid and childish crush anyway. Besides, I barely know him."

"Yuki..." Chiharu's soft voice sounded sad.

"I'm fine."

"Are you really fine?" Chiharu asked.

"If I'm not really fine. I'll be. I have good friends. I have you and Nakamura."

"Aww... that was just so sweet." Nakamura and Chiharu sang in unison.

"I'll see both of you tomorrow at school." I said before hanging up.

I let out a sighed.

I should have answered that phone call earlier. It made me feel better.

A sincere smile form in my lips. The phone call made me realize things, what I felt for Homare is just a crush and I'll get over him in time. I'll be fine.

A soft knock against the door interrupted my train of thought.

"Come in."

"Here's your tea miss." A maid informed me as she entered the room.

"Thank you."

"Do you need anything else?" She asked after she placed the tea on the coffee table.

"Actually I do." I sit up on my bed. "Please prepare a car for me after an hour, I'm going shopping and get myself a haircut."