Chapter 2

"Alright, you got a free period before we reach Kyoto." Mr Shindo announced. "Enjoy the nature and go to the mountains or the waterfalls."

"So where do we go?" Asked Taketo.

"I'm dunno. How about the ladies?" Kanji asked.

"We haven't made a decision yet." Nakamura said.

"How about you, Midorikawa?" Taketo asked when he noticed that Homare stayed on his seat.

"I couldn't care less about mountains or waterfalls." Homare answered.

'Couldn't care less? What's the whole point of going to a trip if you're not going to enjoy it?'

"Go on without me." Homare added.

"What about you, Yuki?" Asked Chiharu.

"I'll just call and catch up with you guys later." I answered.

"Okay."

When our friends already left.

"Why are you staying?" Homare asked.

"Even if you're mean I feel bad leaving you alone." I answered casually.

"You kids should go too." Mr. Shindo called. "Hey, Midorikawa! Can you hear me, Midorikawa?"

"... I hear you."

As we walk down the trail.

"I can't get through." I told Homare after trying to call Nakamura and Chiharu a numerous times. "I wonder where they went..."

"This is the sticks. You can't expect much signal out here." Homare remarked. "Let's just go to the waterfalls. I could use a negative ion bath anyway."

"You think it'll make me smarter?" I asked.

"Who knows..."

We walk side by side to the waterfalls.

"What's with you friend, Nakamura?" Homare asked. "She's practically bouncing from wall to wall."

"She's just excited that there are a lot of cool guys in our group." I told him.

"Uh huh... And what about you? Which of the Kanzaki brothers you're going for? Or kanji is more your type?"

"I'm not going for anyone. Besides, I barely know them."

"Not that I care" Homare clarified.

"Then don't ask if you don't care."

"The ground up ahead looks loose. Watch your step."

"Uhh..." I groaned dismissively not paying attention to Homare's warning.

I was busy looking around when I suddenly slipped and about to fell face flat.

I closed my eyes as I was about to hit the ground.

'Huh? It did not hurt??... And since when the ground became warm?'

"You're heavy." Homare complained.

I gasped when I realized that I'm on top of Homare.

"Sorry." I got off Homare and stood up.

"Thank you." I reach out a hand to help him get up.

I wasn't that surprised when he did not take my hand.

"Ignore me again and I'll dump you in the mountains." Homare said as he stands up.

"You got some dirt on your back." I told him as I pat his back clean, not paying much attention on what he just said.