17; Weakened State

"Seriously, what's your deal with her?" Aiden only glanced at his brother for a few seconds before returning his gaze back to Harley, who was laughing at something Allison said as Isaac pressed a kiss to the side of her head.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shook his head, opening his locker. Ethan slammed it shut, barely missing his fingers.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Ethan argued, crossing his arms. "You're supposed to be after Lydia."

"I have been, trust me."

"Ever since you talked to Erica in that vault you've been obsessed with her." He accused. "You realize she'd never go for you right?"

"Her being mated isn't a problem." Aiden snapped, reopening his locker. "I can just kill him and the bond will be broken."

"That's one way to steal her heart." Ethan snorted, pushing himself off the wall of lockers. "See you later, stalker."

Aiden just rolled his eyes and reached for his notebook, flipping through the pages until he came upon the envelope. Glancing over his shoulder he opened it, not bothering with the letter-he could practically recite it if needed. Aiden pulled out the faded photograph, his eyebrows furrowed at the two blonde girls, grinning cheek to cheek.

He hastily shoved it all back into his locker, glancing at where Isaac gave Harley a brief kiss before departing down the hall, leaving her with Allison.

Pretending to look at his phone he listened into their conversation, Harley asking about France.

"It's really beautiful, why?"

"I applied for this foreign exchange program in France so I could study abroad next semester. Morrell said I'm practically a shoe in."

"What about Isaac?"

"I'm saving up for his ticket, just in case I actually get it."

"I think it's amazing. God knows it's be great for you to get out of this town."

"Yeah." Harley paused and closed her eyes, one hand on the wall of lockers to steady herself.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. Just dizzy that's all."

"Is it because-"

"Don't tell anyone, please."

"But-"

"Allison." Harley snapped, startling the brunette. "Don't say a word."

"Yeah, got it." Allison nodded slowly, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. "I need to get to French class, I'll see you later?"

"Sure." Her hand clenched into a fist for only a second or two, saying short a goodbye to Allison and walking the opposite direction. As she walked past one of the empty classrooms someone grabbed her arm, yanking her in. "What the hell, Aiden?"

"What's wrong with you?" He asked abruptly, making her roll her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She crossed her arms, giving him a challenging look.

"Bullshit." Aiden snarled, grabbing her wrist. Harley grunted and tried to pull away, unable to release herself from his grip. His eyebrows furrowed as he stared at their arms, growing even more confused. Any supernatural could have broken his hold. "Why can't you pull away, I'm barely even trying."

Harley's own eyebrows furrowed as she realized this as well, yanking harder. He let go, but it was on his own will. Aiden watched Harley warily a he backed up towards the door, stealing one more glance before slipping out into the hall.

The blonde clenched her shaking hands into fists, the sudden realization that as soon as the door shut everything was muffled hitting her in the face.

Taking a deep breath she pulled out her phone, dialing the first number that came to mind.

"I need your help."

● ● ●

"Why are you telling me instead of Isaac?"

"Because Isaac worries too much." Harley sighed, pulling at a thread from her jeans and looking up. "And I trust you."

"Why?"

"I consider you more of my alpha than Derek." The blonde gave Scott a small smile, the boy sitting next to her at her dining table. "Funny, considering."

"So what is it?" Scott asked, folding his hands together and resting his arms on the table. "You're having symptoms again?"

"Not just that." She cleared her throat and shook her head. "I can't hear things as well, my sense of smell is off, and I've gotten weaker."

Harley reached over and grabbed the small kitchen knife that was on the table, holding out her hand for Scott's. He reluctantly gave her his palm, the girl nicking him with the blade. It only took a few seconds to close up, disappearing without a trace.

She took a deep breath and nicked her own palm, the waiting in silence for it to close up. It took almost a full minute before it did, leaving a small scar at first them disappearing as well.

"Scott, I think something is seriously wrong with me."

"Whatever it is," Scott began, rubbing her arm comfortingly. "We'll figure it out. But you do need to tell Isaac."

"You know what I think?" Harley asked softly, the boy humming in reply. "I think Allison really did make a mistake breaking up with you. You're one of the good guys, McCall."

"Thanks." He chuckled, giving her a small smile. She just stared at him for a minute with a similar smile before leaning in-and hugging him tightly.

"Thank you for helping me." She mumbled. "And Isaac. I don't what we'd do without you."

________________________

Not edited.

How many of y'all thought Scott and Harley were gonna kiss for a moment.

SIKE YOU NASTIES. WTF HARSAAC FOR LIFE.

Question time:

-What IS Aiden's obsession with Harley? Hmm?

-Whats with that envelope? (Also, I would encourage skimming the italic paragraphs in chapter 10 if you don't catch on)

-Do y'all think Harley will get into the program?

-Do you think Allison will tell?

-Why was Aiden so freaked about Harley's lack of strength?

-How do y'all feel about Harley asking Scott for help?

-WHATS GOING ON WITH HARLEY?

Vote and Comment ❤️

Xx