25; Cold, Hard, Bitchery

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near death experience and comes out if it seeing things?"

"And is unable to tell what's really or not?" Stiles continued Scott's question, making the others look up.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison added, clocking her pen.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac answered bluntly, leaving everyone except Harley unamused.

"Sporting beautifully crafted straight jackets and too high to remember their name." Harley smiled, propping her chin on her hand.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful?" Stiles narrowed his eyes at them, shaking his head. "Please."

"For half my childhood was locked in a freezer, so being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." Isaac countered, unconsciously rubbing his thumb on the back of Harley's hand.

"Are we still milking that?"

"We are still milking that."

"And you." Stiles pointed at Harley, making her look up. "What's your excuse for being unhelpful?"

"Me? I'm just a bitch." She shrugged, shooting him a wide smile.

"Hi." They all looked up to see a small girl standing there, clutching her binder. "Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear what you guys were talking about... and I think I might actually know what you're talking about."

They all just started at her, the girl giving them a nervous smile.

"There's a Tibetan word for it, called Bardo." She fiddled with her hands, biting down on her lip. "It literally means in between state. The state between life and death."

"And what do they call you?" Harley cocked her head to the side, pursing her lips. "By the way, a flannel around the waist is about two decades old."

"Okay." Isaac whispered, shaking his head and squeezing her hand. "That's enough."

"What? I'm just-"

"Kira." Scott spoke up, making all of them look at him in shock. "She's in our history class."

"So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism, or Indian?" Lydia mused, raising a bitchy eyebrow at her.

"Either, I guess." She shrugged, sliding into the bench next to Stiles.

"Who said she could si-" Isaac covered Harley's mouth before she could finish, Allison biting back her laughter.

"But all the stuff you guys were saying," Kira continued, brushing off Harley's hostility. "All of that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations, some you see, some you hear. You can also be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Wrathful deities?" Isaac asked, Harley pulling his hand away and glaring at him. "What are those?"

"Like demons." She smiled, all of them looking at her in shock.

"Is this girl for real?" Harley whispered to Isaac, her boyfriend giving her a scolding look. "What?

"If there are progressive states, what's the last one?" Allison asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Death." Kira replied, bouncing in her seat. "You die."

● ● ●

"What the hell is this?" Harley raised an eyebrow, holding up the bright yellow ball, a smile face printed on the front.

"It's a stress ball, you squeeze it when you're mad, or stressed." Isaac explained, swallowing at her annoyed expression. "Look, I've noticed you've been having trouble controlling your anger lately, saying things you don't mean-"

"If I say them, I mean them." She cocked her head to the side. "Are you saying I have anger issues?"

"What? No, of course not." Isaac shook his head fearfully, wincing slightly. "I love you?"

"Nice save." She hummed, looping her arms around his neck and smiling.

"I try my best to be smooth as possible." Isaac shrugged, the girl laughing in response and kissing him softly.

As always, the kiss went from soft and sweet to heated, Isaac's hands creeping under her shirt just as the door opened.

"Oh-" Harley pulled away, smiling awkwardly. "Hey, dad."

"Your phone was going off downstairs." Bobby tossed the girl her cell phone, Harley catching it easily. "Now, I'd love to pretend that you were helping her with a back itch, Isaac, but remember. Safe sex is-"

"Goodbye, dad!" Harley's eyes widened, the older man holding up his hands in defense and backing up out of the room.

"How does he still like me?" Isaac questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I think you remind him of himself." She shrugged, pulling up her messages. "You have got to be kidding me."

"What is it?"

"My mother and Scott's dad are trying to get Stilinski fired." She scoffed, shaking her head and dialing a number.

"Hello?"

"The case. The one you've been helping Scott's dad with." She gritted her teeth  squeezing the stress ball in her hand. "It's the case to get Stiles's dad fired?"

"Impeached. There's a difference."

"No, there isnt." She snapped, shaking her head. "Why would you even do that?"

"It's really none of your business."

The realization dawned on her, the girl letting out an annoyed scoff.

"You want his job." Harley accused, pursing her lips. "That's why you moved back. How-how long have you known about this? How long have you and Agent McCall been seeing each other."

"A few months. But Harley, you have to understa-"

She hung up, throwing her phone on the bed and releasing the stress ball. Tiny silicone balls fell out of the four holes creates by her claws, spilling onto the ground.

If there was one word to describe Harley, it was done.

____________________________________________

Not edited

CALL ME BUTTER BECAUSE I'M ON A ROLL GUYS

VOTE AND COMMENT ❤

XX