32; Yakuza

"His eyes were glowing."

"There was almost something ritualistic about it." Argent said, wincing as Allison dabbed at the cut on his eyebrow. "Like it was looking right into his soul."

"That's the same thing it did to me." Isaac interjected from where he sat on the desk. Harley was sitting in the chair next to him, her head resting against his knee as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"That's what they did to everyone." Allison's eyebrows furrowed as she focused on patching up her dad's face.

"Not everyone." Scott shook his head, folding his hands together as he leaned forward. "They only came after the werewolves."

"And Lydia."

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Argent concluded, his face blank.

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac asked, moving his hand from Harley's hair. She made a quiet noise of annoyance, Isaac moving it back and resuming his act of playing with her hair. It was enough to put her to sleep right then and there, she was exhausted.

She had been up all night because of the party, and the night before she had stayed up for hours working on an essay for English class. Maintaining straight A's and trying not to die all the time was pretty damn hard.

"A Kumicho." Argent answered, looking down at his hands. "A Yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen, it was supposed to be a simple deal, except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being Yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment, testing my ability to improvise."

"Or your ability to survive." Allison suggested, setting down the cotton ball in her hand.

"Or, he was just being a dick." Harley mumbled, the room falling silent as everyone stared at her. She opened one of her eyes for a moment, before shutting it again. "Sorry, continue."

"The moment the sun went down, it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos."

"What did they want?" Scott asked, Argent looking over at him.

"To get to the Kumicho." He closed his eyes for a moment, the gunfire playing out in his head. "They cut down every living thing in their way."

"Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac's free hand moved to his ear, his fingertips running over the number that was burned there.

"Not exactly." He shook his head as much as he could with Allison holding it in place. "Three of them, they all stabbed him with their swords, holding him up in the air until he was dead."

"What was he?" Scott asked, Allison adding the last butterfly bandage to her father's head.

"I don't know." Argent frowned, looking at all of them. "But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them is a man named Katashi. They call him Silverfinger because of an unshakable prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while that Katashi was in the country, I spent yesterday tracking him down."

"Didn't look like he wanted to be found." Isaac said, pointing at Argent's face.

"Not particularly, no."

"You think he knows what they are?" Scott asked, pushing himself up out of his seat. "Or what they want?"

"Maybe." Argent shrugged, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asked softly, her dad standing up.

"What if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac asked, watching as he grabbed a wooden box.

"He'll remember this." He turned it around, opening up the lid to reveal a shattered mask of one of the mysterious villains. "I know I didn't kill it. I'm not sure you can. But I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there."

"What was behind the mask?" Scott asked, his voice laced with curiosity as he twisted one of the fragments in his hands.

"Darkness. Absolute darkness."

•••

"The real problem is Katashi doesn't see visitors." Argent paced back and forth in the room, looking up at the three teens. "Ever. He's a paranoid recluse who rarely steps outside of the gates of his estate."

"So how are you going to get to him?" Isaac asked, looking up at him expectantly.

"Oh, he's got a thing for rare, antique weapons. Yesterday, I had some contacts put out the word that I was selling one from my own collection." He opened up a cupboard, pulling out a gun in a glass casing and setting it on the desk. "This is a French Flintlock Turnover Pistol from 1645."

"You're not going alone." Allison shook her head, looking up at Harley and Isaac.

"I'll pass on this one." Harley shook her head, wincing as Isaac kicked her in the shin. "Or not."

"To be honest, I don't feel good about bringing any of you." Argent narrowed his eyes, looking between the three of them.

"They were looking right at Scott when the sun came up." Isaac said, his voice hoarse from lack of sleep.

"Well, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's the one they're going after." He argued, the three teens staring at him.

"But if he is?" Allison challenged, her face hardening as she stared at her father.

"If he is, that might only leave us till nightfall to come up with a way to protect him."

"All right." Isaac pushed himself up, putting his hands on his hips. "Let's go see if a paranoid Yakuza wants to put another gun in his collection."

"Yay, can't wait." Harley said sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she received a glare from Argent. "Sorry."

•••

Argent let out a sigh, letting his phone fall into his lap. Allison gave him a concerned look, turning her body slightly. "What is it?"

"Katashi won't do the buy in person." Argent said, Harley clapping her hands together.

"Too bad, so sad." Harley grabbed her seatbelt, moving to buckle up again. "Let's go home."

"But he's a paranoid recluse." Isaac pointed out, putting his hand over the buckle so Harley couldn't fasten it. "Shouldn't you be a little less surprised?"

"I was trying to remain optimistic that we wouldn't have to go to my plan b." Argent countered, looking at Isaac through the rear view mirror.

"Plan b? And what's plan b?" He asked, propping his elbows up on the seats in front of him.

"How tall are you guys?" Argent asked, followed by the sound of the trunk opening behind them.

_____________________________

Not edited

Next chapter coming in like 20 minutes or so, woo

Vote and Comment

Brea xx