37; No Bullshittin'

"I'm going to kill him." Harley growled as Melissa helped her into bed. She winced, her body still extremely sore. "I'm going to wrap my hands around that scrawny, mole covered neck and I'm going to squeeze until he-"

"Okay, how about we calm down?" Melissa said soothingly, pulling the covers up and over her. "You and I both know that it's not really Stiles doing these things."

"Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it's a fucking duck." Harley snapped, crossing her arms and staring at the ceiling. She had only gotten a quick glimpse of her dad, who had been sedated as they pulled him into emergency surgery.

"Harley." Melissa spoke in a warning tone, the blonde letting out an annoyed huff of air. "Why don't we see who all these flowers are from, hm?"

"Fine." She shifted so that she was sitting up a little more, letting her hands fall into her lap as Melissa wheeled the cart over. Harley grabbed the cards off of each plant, reading them over.

Carnations from her mother. Of course.

Sunflowers from her dad, Peonies from Lydia. Aiden had sent her yellow roses, only marking the card with his first initial. Scott and Danny had both separately got her tulips, but Scott's were a little more wilted.

At least he tried.

Harley frowned as she noticed a bluish purple flower sitting in a pot at the back of the cart, the girl leaning forward and examining it closer.

Wolfsbane.

She grabbed the card, slowly unfolding it and scanning its contents. Her jaw clenched, taking a deep breath through her nose.

'Two down, who's next?'

Harley crumpled up the card in her fist, reaching forward and grabbing the plant. She let out a frustrated scream and threw it at the wall, broken clay and dirt raining down.

Melissa's eyes widened as she watched Harley pull the pulse reader off of her finger, flinging it in the floor. She grabbed one of the syringes from the drawer, quickly injecting it into Harley's IV before she could rip it out of her arm.

Over the past year, Melissa had learned that you don't try and tell an angry werewolf what to do. You sedate them.

She carefully pushed Harley's shoulders back, watching her sag against the pillows. It wasn't long until her eyes became heavy, Harley muttering profanity as she let the drug take over and fell asleep.

"I wanna go home."

"I know, honey." Finstock fidgeted with his wedding ring as he gave his daughter a reassuring smile, trying to hide how anxious he was. "It's only twenty four hours, you already have two down."

"That means I have twenty two hours left." Harley huffed, crossing her arms and pouting. Even at just eleven-almost twelve, if you said she was eleven she would instantly correct you-Harley was impatient as ever. "Where's mom?"

"She's at work." Bobby replied, watching his daughter pick at a scab on her tiny knee. "But she'll be coming later, I promise."

"Mom says not to make promises, because they're pointless." Harley didn't look up from her knee, her short fingernails scraping away at the dried blood.

"Don't get cynical on me just yet." He chuckled, leaning forward and squeezing her shoulder. "At least wait until high school."

"Deal." Harley looked up at him and grinned for a moment before returning her focus. She had almost gotten rid of the whole scab, leftover from Jackson shoving her at recess. She, of course, got right back up and shoved him back harder. Her mother had scolded her for not being ladylike, but she couldn't care less. "Daddy?"