Chapter 32

Andy POV- 

Ever since last night, Ashley has been acting so strange and last night in bed, he pretty much lay as far away from me as possible. Also before he left for work earlier, I received no kiss or hug from him, even though I clearly told him I wanted one. Last night he held me for a while after the officers left, but hardly spoke to me at all. I was getting worried that what the officers said may have upset Ashley in some way.  He doesn't tend to show off his emotions too much, but he's hiding his feelings a lot more than he usually would. 

I tried talking to him this morning, but he just brushed me off completely. It kinda hurt to have him act this way, considering how well things had gone for us in the last few days. I wanted to talk to somebody about what happened last night.. Ashley didn't seem to want to talk right now.. but maybe his best friend will. 

I grabbed my phone from the kitchen counter and dialed Nikki's number that was added to my phone during the party at her house a few weeks ago. 

Almost immediately she answered in a cheerful voice, "Andy, Hello, How are you~?" 

"Uh I'm okay, thanks. I was just wondering if you'd like to come over for a chat?" I asked as I sat down on the couch, pulling my knees to my chest.

"Ooh I'd love to~ I'll be over in 20 minutes" she giggled happily before we said our goodbyes and hung up. 

I knew that Nikki would know a lot about Ashley as she was easy to talk to, which makes her the best person to get some questions answered. Ashley wasn't a very open person, I keep thinking he's blocking some emotions and this whole 'player' thing is just some kind of act. He's so sweet to me and I couldn't imagine him ever being the 'fuck em and chuck em' kind of guy.

I quickly got dressed and put some eyeliner on, trying to look somewhat presentable when Nikki shows up. I ran a hand through my hair as I heard a knock at the door, it was probably her. I was right of course. The minute I opened the door, she walked in with her hair tied back and was wearing a pink vest and grey sweatpants. I certainly wasn't expecting to see her like that, but mostly because I only remember from how she looked that night when I first met her. 

She removed her shoes, dropping her handbag then hugged me tightly, "Aw Andy, Did you get all dressed up for me~?" She winked then walked over to the couch and I trailed behind her. 

We both sat down and she crossed her legs, facing me, "So what's the problem, sweetheart?" She asked which caught me off guard to say the least. Maybe I should give her credit, she's smarter than she looks.

"Did you hear about what happened last night?" I asked and she shook her head, allowing me to continue. "My parents called the cops on Ashley.. They came in and questioned us but had nothing else to go on so they left.. You know after I started crying" I shrugged and sighed softly. 

Nikki pulled me into her arms and held me, brushing her fingers through my hair. I could already feel myself tearing up just from getting actual contact. Whenever I was upset, I just needed someone to hold me while I let the emotion pass me by. But after the cops left last night, I couldn't even get Ashley to look at me. It was horrible.

"Then what happened hunny?" She whispered after I settled down a bit. 

"Ashley just ignored me all night.. He wouldn't hug me or kiss me.. He left for work this morning in a rush, almost like he wanted to get away from me.." I mumbled and wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie. 

"I'm sure Ashley is just trying to deal with it in his own way, just give him some time and everything will go back to normal. But maybe after a long shift, he could use some 'comfort' from the man in his life~" she winked at me and I just laughed. 

"Maybe.. I don't want to try anything and piss him off" I told her before slowly sitting back up again. 

"Ashley would never, ever, ever refuse sex no matter what mood he's in~" she nudged me and gave a smirk. 

Perhaps she's right. Not about the sex thing. But maybe after work, he'll feel better and if he's not, there are plenty of ways I could help him out.

----

Nikki had left about an hour ago and Ashley would be expected home any minute. I couldn't wait to see him and I really hope he has that wonderful smile plastered on his face like he usually would when he'd come in from work and see me. 

The incident last night hadn't really crossed my mind since that conversation earlier and I was starting to forget about it. Hopefully my mom will not bother us anymore with that horrible bullshit.

I was dragged from my thoughts as the front door opened, I ran from the kitchen where I'd been preparing some coffee for Ashley and rushed to the door to see him. 

Although when I got there, I wasn't expecting what I saw. Ashley stood there, his hair was a mess and his eyeliner was smudged. This wasn't Ashley.. and if it was then something definitely wasn't right. Ashley always strives for perfection, especially with his appearance. He looked fine this morning.. had he been crying..? No that's not like him...

"Ashley..?" I whispered to him as he started down at the marble floor below him before turning his gaze towards me.

"Andy.. I'm so sorry.. I can't be with you.." 

Those words felt like a million daggers to my heart.. 

|| Sorry for the short wait again! I know it was only a few days, but I feel so bad about it :( 

***Please comment***