The Beginning of the End.

Lynn’s POV;

I was laying on the grass, in the backyard of Alex’s place. I’ve been around him a lot lately and we built a strong friendship over the months. I was pleased, he was such an amazing guy, and since he was Jack’s best friend, he became my best friend as well.

I couldn’t help but roam around in my thoughts, searching for a special memory that Jack and I shared.  

After Jack had kissed me on top of that house months ago, we had rushed down the stairs to do a  meet and greet at the venue -where All Time Low had a concert that night- with some fans who were lucky enough to obtain backstage passes. The boys were sweet as I imagined them; giving their fans hugs and autographs, answering questions, having a small chat with them, and taking pictures. Of course Jack was joking around, making everyone laugh, Jack and Alex had an unbreakable bond, they’ve been around each other for so many years that they were like brothers. The boys seemed to enjoy being with the people whose loyalty was as undying as a golden retriever’s and who gave tremendous and faithful support to their music.

But what I remember most about that night, was one of the fangirls, who asked Jack a question. Is it true that you and Holly broke up? It was a normal question and I expected Jack to answer it, but signs of nervousness and annoyance were visible on his face. Why didn’t he like questions about Holly? I don’t get it. I decided I should ask Jack about it later.

Those suspicious thoughts disappeared from my head as I watched Rian and Cassadee together. Someday, I'd die of a sugar shock just watching them, they were the cutest couple I’ve ever come across in my entire life. They were so in love, and if I weren’t with Jack, I would’ve been annoyed at how ridiculously cute they were together, cuddling and kissing and just.. adoring each other. Thank god everyone had a boyfriend/girlfriend around here otherwise they’d be boiling with jealousy.

But that wasn’t what kept me busy, it was Jack. There was something about him… Yes he was gorgeous, funny, and very good in bed :-P but something was different with him than any other boy I dated. (Not that I dated many people.)

We just clicked together so well, even with our many differences. I fell in love with him the day I met him. Not love as some crazy fan love, but a feeling that captivated you. A feeling that left you breathless. You know when they say you’re in love when you can’t sleep, because reality is better than your dreams? That’s how it felt with Jack. Since day one.

I told myself I was crazy when I went head over heels for Jack, but now I truly believed I loved him, somehow. I’m sure people heard this all the time, teens claiming to fall in love with their boyfriends. But I was dead serious. Jack probably didn’t know I had any feelings that deep for him. He made me think about things I don’t believe in like Soulmates and Meant to Be. I realized I was destined to meet Jack, whether we ended up with each other or not.  I wanted to tell him, but right now, with everyone here wasn’t the best of ideas. Maybe when we’re alone…

Jack still hadn’t come though, he called me earlier telling me he was on his way. My memory travels were interrupted by the doorbell. I snapped out of my thoughts, and perked up. I ran inside and down the stairs as fast as I could without tripping, and ran to the door. “I got it,” I yelled so the guys wouldn’t bother getting up, I was hoping it was Jack.

Please don’t let it be a mail man or anything; please don’t let it be a delivery guy… I repeated in my head. I had risked my life running down the stairs like a ninja, and if it was a mail man, the risk I had put my life through wouldn’t have been worth it.

I unlocked the door and pulled it open. Standing there was the boy I wanted to see.

“Hey Lynn!” Jack said in a weird, straight voice. I laughed, and raised one eyebrow.