5. Let's Meet The Family

"Are you crazy," Panda shouted as she drove me to school. She just got her drivers license over the weekend. Now she was able to drive the car that her parents got her for her birthday. I hate being seventeen. I wish I was eighteen so I would be able to drive. 

"No, I'm not. Plus this would be fun, you did always say that I should have a little fun in my life because 'I'm way too uptight'," I brought my hands up making air quotes.

"Yeah when I said that I meant skinny dipping at a waterfall or going to a naked beach in France not date a guy that could have killed his parents if he wanted to," she turned left.

"He wouldn't do that and you know it," I defended Zack. "Plus remember that time I didn't want you to date Mick but I didn't say anything because you were happy. I totally had your back then, now look at you. All lovey dovey with Mick. You've even said 'I love you' to each other. Can't you just support me on this one? Be happy that I'm with Zack."

I haven't told Pandora about the bet. It was killing me but I would've told her when I was ready. For now, she believes that I am actually dating Zack.

"Well if you're happy then I'm happy," she sighed, "but if he ever does anything to you I would cut his dick off then force him to eat it, Ok."

"Ok, Ok." I smiled as we drove into the schools parking lot.

I walked into school noticing people staring at me funny. It was a little weird since I'm not one to gain attention but I didn't care anyway.

"I'm quickly going to the toilet," Panda said.

"Ok."

I was walking towards registration when someone spun me around. I was about to push them of when they plunged in for a kiss leaving me breathless.

The person moved away from me and smirked.

"Hello my darling," Zack grinned.

"Hello Zack," I pulled out the fake smiled whilst my eyes said I'm going to kill you.

"How has your morning been," he asked.

"Fine," I replied.

We were starting to get a crowd of people and I smiled. If someone saw me they see the look of accomplishment. A look that said that's right bitches. I'm dating Zack Oro, and after all, you cock suckers tried to make him love you but he chose me over all people. I don't know why but I felt so happy.

"So I'll pick you up after school."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we are going to be Netflix and chilling," he whispered into my ears.

"What," I shouted.

"I'm kidding ok. My nephew is having a birthday party and I wanted to invite you."

"Ok."

I was glad this was heading off to a great start, but I still needed to fix grandma's photo and I didn't know how.

*.*.*

By pm registration, the whole school already know about me and Zack going out.

I was glad Mr Cameron was on maternity leave for two weeks so he wouldn't be able to tell my dad. Don't jump to conclusions and think that I'm not allowed to date because I am. It's just that Zack was the kind of guy my dad warned me of. He would be disappointed and angry that out of all the boys I could have chosen I chose him.

It was funny how from one week I'm a nobody then the next I'm the girl that's brave enough to date Zack Oro.

"You ready'', Zack said breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah," I nodded.

*.*.*

When we walked in I could see little children running around everywhere.

Zack walked up the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. He hugged her and kissed her on the cheeks.

"Mama, dove è il Alberto (mama where is Alberto)," he spoke in Italian.

"Al tavolo di compleanno ragazzo (at the birthday boy table)," she pointed at a slightly chubby kid with a bowl haircut that had a '6 today' badge on. "And who do you have here," she continued.

"Ma this is my girlfriend Violet," he introduced me, "Violet this is my ma."

"Hello violet you can call me Maria," she shook my hands.

"Wow, you look so you. I would have never guessed you where his mother, I would have guessed you were his sister. You look twenty-two," I started rambling.

"Thank you but I'm only forty-two," she casually said.

"Forty-two," I repeated flabbergasted. "Wow."

"Come on let me introduce you to Alberto," Zack took my hands.

"Uncle," the little boy I'm guessing is Alberto ran to Zack. Zack picked him up and spun him around.

"Your growing heavier aren't you. Growing into a man." He put him down.

"I'll be a big man like you uncle," he showed a toothy grin showing some missing teeth.

"Alberto says hello to violet," he slightly pushed Alberto towards me.

"Hi," he waved his hand.

"Hi," I said.

He hugged Zack one last time before running off to his little friend.

"He's a bright little boy with a good future ahead of him. He is just like his father, even named after him, we all used to call him Albie. He was only three months old when his father died," I went to grab his hand. "I want you to meet my sister, Mabel."

He brought me to a lady that could have been no older than three years older than him.

"Good to see that you came Zack," she welcomed him with a warm embrace. "Who's the girl," she asked.

"May this is Violet. Violet this is my sister Mabel."

"Hi," I shook her hands.

"Nice to meet you. I gotta go before Auntie Isabella eats the cake before we even cut it," she walked to an old lady attempting to lick the icing of the cake whilst nobody notices.

"Care to join me for a dance," he brought his hands out to me.

"Yes," I moved closer to him laying my head on his chest. "You're really different here," I spoke up, "at school you act all threatening, telling people that if they accidentally step on your shoes you would snap then like a little twig. But here your so kind. Has anyone seen this side of you."

"No," I looked up at his face. "Not for you and my family."

"It's nice knowing something the whole school doesn't know about you." I smiled. He smiled back revealing his dimples. I never noticed that and that when I realized, Zack is not a bad guy after all. It's just people judge him before you meet him. I didn't have to be close to see that, I just had to open my eyes to see it.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I hope you like chapter 5. Don't be a silent reader and tell me what you think. Please vote and share.

Tamara

11:01:16