10. Let's Go On A Date

Wow. I have not updated in a long time. I edited the ending of the other chapter a little. Enjoy this one.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere special." He replied.

"Where?" I anticipated to know where we were going.

"To a special place. My special place."

He drove me to a deserted hill and opened the door for me.

"Are you being serious. We have to go hiking."

"I'll be worth it trust me." He held onto and we walked down a path. "Few people know this path. My ma, Mabel and Alberto of cause. I used to come here all the time when I was 14. After my father and Albie died in an incident."

"You won't mind me asking will you?" I asked.

"No. I don't mind. I was 11 when I first came to the country. Me, Mabel, my pa and ma. We came from Italy. We didn't know much, we didn't have much. We were lucky enough to find a house. The house you were in a few days ago. We were struggling to make ends meat. Then my dad found a job, as a police officer. We were starting to see the light in our world. Then Mabel met Albie in the restaurant she was working in. He was a good guy but we didn't know he was in a little trouble. Money trouble with loan sharks." A tear ran down his face.

"We could stop if you want to," I held onto his hands.

"No, I want to tell you." He paused for a little. "I was 13 when Mabel and Albie got married. A few months later we found out she was pregnant. Every was excited. After Mabel gave birth Albie's money trouble came to haunt us. They found out about the baby and threatened to go after it unless they give us the money. '3 months' they said. That was the amount of time they gave us. So my dad and Albie started to make money but they couldn't make enough." Zack stopped. "We're here."

We stopped in front of a table underneath a cherry blossom. There was a piece of clothes laid on the ground and a picnic basket on top.

"I picked this spot because we can see the night sky from here if we stay long enough."

We sat down on the floor and Zack opened the picnic basket. He pulled out some food and drinks.

He poured some spaghetti bolognese in a bowl and brought out a fork. He feed me some.

"How does it taste."

"It's delicious," I said and opened my mouth for some more.

"Thanks I made it."

I looked up at him surprised. "You can cook?"

"Yes. Thanks to my ma, I've become a really good cook. She told me to be anything I want to be and honestly I want to become a chef." He looked up at me embarrassed.

"Fuck, I've never tasted anything better. If you do become a chef I would come to your restaurant everyday and taste your food."

He laughed. "Thanks. So what do you want to become?" He asked.

"I don't really know. But I want to do something that helps lots of people. Children in particular. I don't know why but I feel the need to work at an orphanage or care home. I have some weird feeling like I used belong there." I told him. I felt like I was unravelling my soul to him. "Thats a secret that i've told anyone that."

"It's okay. Since you told your secret I'll finish mine." He took a breath. "Where was I last."

"Your dad and Albie couldn't make enough money."

"Oh yeah, now I remember." He gave a small sad smile. "My dad decided to do this the 'good' way. He told the guys that Albie was in trouble with to meet him at an old abandoned warehouse. That was the last day I saw those two. My dad and Albie went to the warehouse, undercover. They decided to get them to confess and record it all but it all went wrong. My dad and Albie got shot. My dad was shot three times. Once in the head and twice in the chest. Algiers got shot twice, once in the foot and another in his trought. Back up came over thirty minutes after. By that time my dad and Albie was dead. The shark loans were gone long before that. He told me he was coming back that night. That tomorrow we'll go for pizza and ice cream at the theam park." He started to cry and I held him closer. He moved away from me and I held onto his hands and drew closer to him. "After that I was lost. I didn't know what I was doing. I turned to drugs and alcohol. Went to hospital 3 times. Twice because I got beat up pretty badly and the other from a drug overdose. I nearly died that night. I'm thankful I'm still here."

"What changed you."

"I met you. I saw light in you and I knew I should stop fucking around and start living properly. Do you know why I'm telling you this."

I shock my head know. "No."

"Because I feel like I can tell you anything. Because I love you ever since I set eyes on you when I was 16."

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

I know I feel so sorry for Zack that I was practically crying for him. Okay that's a lie, I mainly enjoyed his confession.

I hope you like chapter 10. Don't be a silent reader and tell me what you think. Please vote and share.

Tamara

30:04:16.