14. Let's Let The World Fall Around Us

"What is this big secret that you're all hiding from me. You can't keep me in the dark."

"Sit down Violet please," my mum quietly whispered.

I sat in the single chair facing everyone.

"Should we add grandma into this, she also known."

"So everybody knows except me."

"Pandora could you leave please." My dad asked.

"Why do I have to go. I know the secret as well and I've been keeping it for a long mother fucking time so why do I have to go," she snapped.

"Because YOU. ARE. NOT. FAMILY." He slowly said.

"I think I should leave," she quietly whispered. She stomped upstairs and collected her belongings before storming out the house and slamming the door on her way out.

"So, you was about to talk this big secret that you have kept away from me my whole life," I cynically laughed.

"It was a long time ago, we were you and didn't know what to do so-" Auntie Andrea rambled.

"Could you please tell me the secret before rambling."

"We are so sorry for not telling you Violet."

"Just tell me," I shouted, "I can take it I swear."

My mum mumbled something on the other side of the room.

"I'm sorry I never heard you," I said.

"You're not mine," she shouted, tears falling down her face.

"What?" I was Confused with her statement.

"You're not my child," she quietly whispered. "You're hers," she pointed towards auntie Andrea.

"What?" I repeated myself.

"I'm not your mother," she said quietly. Dad held onto her hands.

I sat there in silence.

"It was a long time ago, when your dad and I was 18 and your auntie was 16. We were going to university and your auntie had just finished her exams and was entering college/6form. It was a little after your grandpa had died. We were all pretty emotional, didn't know what to do. We all dealt with it our own way so your aunt, or mum, decided to deal with it through alcohol and men. We were all falling apart and your auntie always came home drunk or won't even come until the next day, or weeks. Your grandma then became obsessed with work so she didn't have a clue what was happening at home with us. With me, your auntie Andrea and auntie Michelle. I think at that time Michelle went to Rome to clear her head, didn't come back for two years. Whilst your auntie Andrea, she was quite a wild child then, always going after the attention of boy. Then one day she came home crying, told us she was pregnant. Your grandma went crazy. Never seen her so mad. We didn't know what to do at that time. We didn't even know who the father was. She was scared and we told her well support her. There was so many times she thought of abortion but grandma swore that if she got rid of the child she would never be able to enter the house again. Sincd she got pregnant at a pretty young age she didn't know what to do and thought she couldn't handle you so she. She wanted to give you up, but I didn't want you to go because I got so accustomed to you. It was three months after you was born we decided to adopt you. Pretended to be your real parents. We all swore that on the midnight of your birthday we would tell you but I didn't want to. I wanted to keep this a secret so I could keep you mine, but your auntie said that we had to tell the truth. As you were growing up you aunt realized that she missed you and it was a mistake that she gave you up. There was so many times that she wanted to take you back but we refused. She was irresponsible, still going after men. We knew that once she got you she would leave you for another man. She's done it before and she would have done it again. So we decided to keep you." Mum and auntie was crying whilst dad held onto mum's hands.