6. Let's Start Working

The birthday party was nice I still smiled at the remembrance of it.

It was the weekends and I was starting my first day of work. I had told Zack that I needed a job and he told me he would pick me up at Saturday morning to get ready.

I wore a white blouse, work trousers, black timberlands and a blazers. I thought it was inappropriate to wear timberlands so I changed into my black and gold flat shoes and also changed into a skirt since I didn't feel comfortable in trousers. I thought I would ace the interview, if Zack didn't treated or blackmailed the boss into hiring me.

It was about 9:30 when I was finished getting ready and came downstairs to eat breakfast.

"You're up early," I said to dad.

"Same goes to you. I don't think you've ever gotten up voluntarily."

"Yes I have, I go to school ever Monday to Friday," I picked up the cereal.

"But your forced to go to school," he spoke with cereal in him mouth. "Oh and that reminds me your mother is coming this afternoon."

"I should be home early enough to make dinner," I got milk and poured it into my cereal.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To work. Well a job interview, I think. Basically a friend got me a job but I don't know if I officially have it," I answered.

"Well who is this friend so I can thank them. Honestly I never expected you to get a job, I thought you would have another freezer incident," he started chuckling and I hit his back really hard.

"Sorry I thought you were choking," I said coldly.

I finished my cereal and washed my bowl.

"Lets pray," my dad grabbed my hands in his. "Dear God, please don't make this clumsy child burn down or flood wherever she is going by accident. Guide-" I interrupted him by slapping his head. "Ow."

"I would not burn down, flood or somehow accidentally sell it on the black market. I am going to ace this job, wherever it is."

"Mmmmm-hmmmmm."

A car beeps and I get a text frm Zack saying that he is outside.

"Got to go dad. Wish me luck," I cheerfully said skipping towards the door.

"Good luck darling," he smiled sadly. "My baby girl is growing up soo fast," he muttered to himself.

I turned around, "I'll always be your baby girl," I smiled to him and left. "I'll text you when I find what I am doing and when I finish my shift."

"Ok, he answered and I left.

*.*.*

"So now that we are near there I guess I should tell what you are doing," he spoke cutting through the thick silence.

I was angry at him not telling me what I was going to start doing so I stopped speaking to him and gave him the silent treatment.

"You can at least try to guess," he huffed.

''Somewhere far away so I won't accidentally kill you," I said coldly.

"Oh come guess," he tried to encourage me.

"I don't know what the fuck I'm doing ok so could you please fucking tell me.'' I hated surprises and secrets.

"Ok you would be a waitress at a coffee shop. Do you think you can handle that?"

"I think I can, why would you ask?"

"Well I heard about the ice cream incident," he chuckled.

"It was a long time ago when I was a young stupid teenager that started dating Michael. I don't know what I was thinking. I must have been drugged when he asked me out of I said yes to him," I spoke to myself.

"Do you still miss him?"

"I don't miss him but I miss what we had, you know. We had a good relationship and that was everything I wanted but he was unfaithful. Plus what you expect is not what you get so if ne next actual boyfriend is a little to perfect I would find that suspicious. There is always going to be a little trouble here and there. I guess I have matured and can actually see the world properly for want it is instead of looking through my adolescent, juvenile glasses that doesn't show the world as it is," I looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you."

"For what?" He asked. He placed a hand over mine.

"For making him fully get over him. I don't know how but you have made me see the world much clearer and added some fun and sparkle into it."

"I don't think I done any of that." He frowned.

"Yes you did. You pushed me to enjoy life a little more and I appreciate that. Thank you."

"You're welcome.''

*.*.*

As we went into the small, French, coffee shop the owner went straight to Zack.

"I hire her you keep my secret," he said bringing his hands out for Zack to shake.

"As promised," Zack shook his hands.

"So Violet what you would be doing is the basics. Wash the dishes and clean the table then brush the floor at the end of the day. You would finish at five pm. Next time you come hear you should wear a brown skirt with a white blouse to match with our logo colours. You would get your badge next week it's being orders. Here is your apron now start washing the dishes," he walked away and I stood the trying to break down what he had just said. "Come on we don't have all day."

I followed him into the kitchen. I put on my apron and started to wash the dishes.

*.*.*

I was exhausted by the time I came home. I was meant to have a ten minutes nap that turned into one hour.

I helped dad get ready for dinner and set the table. Dad was now gone to pick up mum from the airport and I was watching the new episode of 'The Big Bang Theory.'

Mum and dad walked in through the door and I turned around.

It had been a long time since I have seen my mum in person. I've only Skyped her or call her.

"Darling it good to see you," she came to me for a hug.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I hope you like chapter 6. Don't be a silent reader and tell me what you think. Please vote and share.

Tamara

14:01:16