Chapter 1

"Tilly! Your friends are here!" my motehr called down to me. My name is Tillian Wizat - A.K.A. Tilly Wiz, or Wizard, and I live in my parents' basement. I roll out of my twin bed and shuffle over to the mirror that leans precariously against the wall. I see my long, wavy, brown hair was as perfect as ever. I ruffle it, smiling. My mom always says that my smile makes my sea green eyes sparkle. I smile again.

I turn on my heel as my best friend, Sera, jumps down the steps. "Hey, girl." she greets me. I admire her curly red hair and bright green eyes. She flops down on my couch. "Have you heard?" she asked, glum. I sit beside her, shaking my head. "We have to go to the big pack party tonight. No exceptions."

Did I mention that I was an alpha's daughter, and she was the beta's daughter? Yeah, that's right. We're werewolves. Screw those 'only-on-a-full-moon' stories. Thsoe are crap. We shift whenever we damn well please. But anyways, the pack party is where anyone who is anyone goes and sees if they will find their mate. Too bad that I was ranked an omega, to my father's displeasure. I usually skip the parties. Which, tonight, my pack is hosting.

"Really? Ugh..." I groan. "I guess that means I need to find a dress..." Both Sera and I are usually tom boys. But because she was ranked Beta, she doesn't care if we go to parties. But I do. I hate dressing up. Even though I'm 18, I'm still self-concious.

Sera jumped up onto her feet and went over to the closet. She dug through it, making faces at my clothes. I watch her, curiously, because she tends to find things that I didn't know I had. At last, she does her magic. She turned to me with a cheeky grin. I raise a brow. "What's that?" I say cautiously. Sera pulled back and revealed the nicest dress I've ever laid eyes apon.

The dress was white, but had peacock feathers designs on the bottom. The part with the feathers was semi-transparent, to where you can see a little white pencil skirt behind it. It was strapless, and the part around your boobs to keep it up was a pretty, sky blue. Sera bent down and picked up some matching sky blue pumps.

"This." she ordered, tossing them to me. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, please. I could never pull that off." Sera frowned at me. "Fine..." I sighed in submission. Pulling off my baggy sleep T-Shirt and pants, I put on a strapless bra, and slip into the dress.

As I'm looking in the mirror, turning to see how it looked on me, Sera tried to zip up the side. "Stay still..." she growled in frusteration. I raised my arm so she could get to it easier. I winced when she yanked it up, but it fit. I smiled. Sera clapped her hands together, making me turn.

"Now," she panted, "let's get some makeup on you. And perfume. And deoderant." I rolled my eyes again, but went and sat on my bed. I closed my eyes as she brought some eyeshadow to my face. I sat there like a good little omega that I am, until she finally released me. "Go and look."

I walked carefully to my mirror and grinned. She had outlined my eye with thick, black eyeliner, then did the same around it with some blue, sparkled eyeshadow. A lighter one was around that, and trailed along my thin eyebrows. My eyelashes were beautifully thick with mascara. I blush and turn to her.

"Thank you." I say quietly. She grins at me. "Let's go upstairs. Your parents are wanting pictures." When she says that, I notice her clothes. She was wearing a short, puffy, maroon dress. The material was shiny, and gems trail over the breast of the dress, and curled at the stomach. I nod in agreement, and together we go up the stairs to the torture of pictures.

"Oh, Tilly, you look marvelous!" Sera's dad, Beta Sheen, smiles down at me. I wrap my arms around him in a hug. "Thanks." I say shyly, crossing my arm over my stomach to grab the other. My mom and dad come up behind him, and I spot the camera in my mom's hand. "Mom, please..." I groan.

My mom frowns at me. "This is your first party, and I'm taking pictures of you, whether you like it or not." With that, she snaps away. I make a face at her, but I go to my dad as requested. When I wrap my arm around his waist, I get a sence of calm. He's always able to comfort me, knows all the right words to make me relax. He's the alpha and he will always protect me. Whether from getting too close to a railing, to a pack of rogues that's messing with the other pack over.

Finally, my dad sighs to my mom. "I think they've had enough pictures. Let's go to the party now, okay?" He puts his arms around her waist and kisses her head. I smile softly at his affection. Maybe I will find my mate here. I felt my hopes begin to rise.

I then snort to myself. Yeah right. Who would ever want one of the two omegas in the pack as their mate? Even though it's the truth, it still saddens me. Sera loops her arm in mine, as our parents do the same with their mates. You ready to party, Wiz? she links me through our private connection. I beam at her. Although nervous, I was ready.

We walked out our back door into the large yard behind our house. The pack had put tents up, balloons placed on the picks, and a DJ was blarring music through very large speakers. I felt my face pale as I saw how many wolves were here. It was like an apacolypse! Everywhere my eyes fell on, I only saw moving silhouettes.

"Let's go dance!" Sera squealed, dragging me onto the dance floor. The song Chasing the Sun by The Wanted was on, and it was my favorite. So, like any other girl, I put my hands in the air and started to dance. I moved my hips and head along with the beat, and sang along with Sera. Nothing can ruin this. I thought happily.

I hear Sera say something, but I couldn't hear her over the music. I turn to ask for her to repeat herself, smiling. My face fell when I didn't see her. I froze, growing embarressed. I lowered my gaze to everyone's feet, and made my way to where I thought the refreshments were.

Reaching the open, I looked around again. No refreshments, and no Sera. Sera? I called to her mind, but she had it blocked. I felt like crying. I had lost my best friend at my own party, and I couldn't go back in the crowd alone. I put my hands onto my face and began to breath deeply.

"Are you alright?" I hear a deep voice beside me. The way he said it sound like he didn't really care. he was obviously an alpha. I take my hands away from my mouth and turn my head to acknowledge his presence. I kept my eyes low. "Yes, Alpha." I murmured.

And then it hit me. His scent, his looks, his voice. They were my mate's. I look into his eyes, shocked. He was frowning at me, why was he frowning at me? He's supposed to look happy, anything but mad...