Chapter 20

I watched Crone with narrowed eyes, and he did the same as he walked over to me. On the inside, I was very nervous. But I made sure I looked confident, despite my very pregnant belly. "Are you here to take my head?" he snarled sarcastically. I looked at him blankly. I challenge you for your title. I admitted plainly. I heard several intakes of breath around me, and even Crone looked surprised.

That ended quickly, though. An extremely smug smirk slowly crept along his face. "Alright..." he said slowly as he began to undress. Everyone else averted their eyes, but I continued to glare at his face. Jasper took his clothes from his hands a moment before he shifted into his black wolf. I stood there, waiting for him to leap, giving me an opening to pin him. He seemed to he doing the same, since he watched me with thoughtfully narrowed, golden eyes.

Enough dancing, Crone. I snarled at him. We had been stalking each other in a circle for a few moments. Maybe I should get Maka over here so he can watch me win. I taunted, knowing exactly that it'll get a reaction from him. Which, I did, because his pupils dilated and he snarled. As he lunged towards me, I slid myself under him and rammed the top of my head into his belly, then quickly turned out of his reach.

Crone recovered in a moment and turned on me. Spit flew from his fangs as he attempted to grab at my scruff. Instead, I bit his muzzle in my own and twisted so he flew onto his side. He stared at me with shock in his wide eyes. A flicker of fear shined in them, making me smirk mentally. I rushed forward and gripped his jugular in my jaws. Submit or I will kill you. I ordered in my new Alpha voice.

He hesitated, probably thinking of a way out, but there wasn't one. If he tried to push me away, his throat would get ripped out. If he wanted to survive, he would have to submit. When he nodded slowly in submission, I let him go and straightened. I turned to my new pack members. I am Alpha Tillian Wizat. As my first act of Alpha, I appoint former Alpha Crone Grez as an omega of Crow Pack. Maybe he will learn the other hardships of pack life.

Behind me, Crone stood. The title automatically made his wolf stand lower than higher ranked wolves, which meant he will be crouched when he has company. He hung his head as he approached me, but looked me in the eye as he spoke: I, Omega Crone Grez, accept you, Alpha Tillian Wizat, as my Alpha, and as my mate. Many gasps from the pack ensued, but I only snarled at him.

You don't expect to get on my good side just because we're mates, do you? You have to work for that, Omega. Starting with your pups that I am carrying. I snapped before stalking off. You can get your clothes and photographs and personal belongings out today and tomorrow and put them in the Omega House. Jasper, hand him his clothes and help me inside. You're still Beta. I ignored Crone's attempts to ask me to clarify what I meant once he shifted back, and Jasper opened my door for me.

"Tillian, are you being serious? Please tell me you aren't joking." Crone said after he shut the door behind him. When he approached me as I lay on the coach, Jasper stepped forward. "Listen, man, you're still my best friend, and I'll help you with... but she's not lying, and I think it best that you don't bug her. You know how new alphas' emotions are out of whack. Give her a month or so before you do anything stupid." Jasper murmured quietly, most likely seeing that I had shut my eyes.

I heard Crone sigh in defeat. "Can I at least... feel them?" he pleaded. My eyes snapped open and stared at him in surprise. "I love my pups already, Tillian. It's part of the mates package. I would kill and I would die for them." he breathed, staring up at the ceiling. I stared for another second before nodding slowly and shut my eyes again. Crone tentatively stepped forward and knelt in front of the coach, facing my swollen stomach.

My stomach shuddered slightly as Crone trailed his fingers through my thick, black fur to feel the skin underneath. At their father's touch, the pups woke and started to move about. Crone's fingers twitched, and I cracked an eye to peek at him. His head was tilted to the side slightly, like he was listening to them. His own eyes were shut, and a soft smile played at his lips. I'd never seen him so... soft.

"I'll bring the pack doctor over for you to meet and get an ultrasound." Jasper spoke after clearing his throat awkwardly. Crone looked at his friend gratefully and slowly stood. "I'll be getting my stuff now." he mumbled and shuffled towards the stairs. I'll tell you the genders. I told him as I readjusted into a more comfortable position. He only nodded before he disappeared behind a wall.

Jasper, I'll be needing you to keep a close eye on the pack for the next couple of months. I don't have a mate to help out while I take care of my pups, so you're next in line. I said with a smile in my voice. "Of course. I'll go check on them. Just holler my way if you need anything." He smiled, glanced at where the staircase would be, then walked out the front door. I rolled my eyes before settling back down.

It took Crone a couple minutes to empty out his drawers and shove everything he could carry into a couple of duffel backs. He came downstairs on silent feet and made a quiet break for the door. I stopped him, though, by saying his name. "Yes... Alpha?" he asked, turning around to face me nervously, though I could still hear the annoyance at calling me Alpha in his voice. I mentally raised a brow.

Don't call me Alpha unless you're in trouble with me. I grumbled back. Crone looked up at the ceiling, obviously trying to not roll his eyes. "Aren't I, though?" I ignored him and continued. I want you involved in our pups' lives. Go put your stuff in an open room in the Omega House and come back for the ultrasound. You can help me pick out the names, too. I said with a blank face, and Crone's lit up.

"Okay." he replied, trying to look like it was a normal request, but he looked like he could jump up in down with happiness. I watched him curiously as he stepped out and shut the door. I heard him run off towards wherever the Omega House was. I guess now that he had officially accepted me, he didn't have his tough-alpha act on. Maybe being an omega and actually making an effort to win my trust will give him a new insight on things.

Because I was the alpha, no one was supposed to completely shut their mind of to me. I don't hear what they think, but I hear when they talk to one another in their minds. Unless I wanted to hear what they think, I don't really pay much attention. So, I listened in on Crone's thoughts. The omegas were greeting him with open arms, and were even offering to help him with any ideas he has.

Crone hurried into his new room and put his bags on his twin sized bed. The Omega House was old and unkept, but it was cement and newer than Crone's family's old cabin. Though, he didn't notice any of this. He was too busy thinking about rushing back to me before the pack doctor came over. I wonder what they'll look like. he thought as he ran outside and jogged through the path in the trees. Probably all black, since we're both black wolves... he continued.

I told him to go ahead and just walk in once he returned, since I wouldn't be able to open the door with paws and all. He returned and stepped inside, not five minutes after he left. He stood there, unsure of what to do. You can sit down. I won't bite. I sighed, rolling my eyes. Crone hesitated for a second, then sat next to me on the couch. "Can I...?" he asked. I nodded, and he pressed his fingers against my belly once again.

Then in came the pack doctor.