Chapter 6

The sound of growls and snarls woke me in the early hours. I was surrounded by wolves. What are you doing in Crow Pack territory? a white male snarled into my head. I whimped and crouched lower to the ground. Answer me! he barked. I could feel his breath next to my neck fur. I flinched.

I didn't know! I'm sorry! I whimpered. The other wolves growled again. Yeah, right. You're coming with us, Omega. I slowly stood, making sure they didn't think I was going to attack. I also made sure not to stand completely; just enough to walk. I kept my head low and my tail tucked under me.

The group circled me and they led me deeper into their pack. I watched the cabins as we passed them. People were staring at me, and started to come out. I guess they sounded an alarm because of me. I snorted. I heard the white wolf growl in front of me. I had forgotten about the link.

I lowered my head even more. We stopped suddenly in front of a secluded cabin. Wait here. he ordered, heading up the steps. I realized that it was the alpha's cabin. I went back to laying down, my eyes wide, but not looking at the other wolves directly into theirs.

What's taking them so long? my wolf sighed nervously. I shrugged. Then a man came out of the cabin with just shorts and tennis shoes on. He had the same brown eyes as the white wolf, so I figured it was him. He crouched in front of me, making me pull my snout away.

"The alpha isn't here yet. He's still on his plane from Florida. But he's going to land in thirty minutes and drive here. I hope he's as merciful as I am, Omega." he said calmly, but his voice was deep with his threat of the alpha. I pinned my ears back in fear.

He watched my movement, then stood. "Let's take her to the prison. We can watch her there until he gets back." he told the wolves. They all stood from their sitting position in unison. Despite the situation, my stomach growled, making all heads turn on me. I lowered my own.

The white wolf rolled his eyes. "Hold on..." He ran back inside, and returned shortly with a raw steak in hand. He tossed it down to me. Thank you, Beta. I murmured through the link, eating the steak quickly. I still had to pick up the rest and bring it with me, because the beta had gotten impatient.

When we got to the prison, I looked around. There were a lot of wolves there. The prison was made from large, medal cages that had no rooves on them. I stared blankly at them, and a whine escaped my throat. Again, the beta rolled his eyes, opening an empty cage. He tossed me in there when I hesitated.

I yelped, but scurried to the back of the cage. "We see you shift, you get put in a smaller cage. No clothes." he stated, shutting the door behind me and locking it. Curling against a corner, I put my snout on my paws, looking around anxiously. A cold nose sniffing my hind fur made me jump.

A gray wolf was starring at me. I haven't seen you around. He looked at me curiously. I only blew a breath of air out of my nose, and went back to my original position. The wolf kept sticking his nose through our shared bars to sniff me.

After he did it for the hundreth time, I finally snapped. Knock that shit off! I growled, baring my teeth. I heard him chuckle, and all the other wolvse turned to watch us. I didn't care. Oh, come on, pumkin. I'm just getting a nice sniff. I could hear the grin in his voice. I growled again, my shoulder fur bristling.

He stuck his nose in again, and practically his whole face. I bit the air in front of him in warning. He started to pace along his side of the bars. Ooo, someone's a cranky doggie. he teased. I pulled my nose and lips back, snarling again. This made him laugh even more.

He poked in his nose, and took it back out quickly. I only watched him with my teeth bared, and my shoulders hunched. He started to prance around his cage, each time he came to my side, he stuck in his head. Each time he kept it in longer, seeing that I wasn't doing anything. I only barked at him.

I went back to my corner, trying to ignore him. He kept laughing in my head, but I knew I wasn't allowed to block out the common link. I kept my ears pinned back, and I shut my eyes. Eventually, he gave up. I tried to go back to sleep, considering it was still very early in the morning.

Somehow, I did end up dosing off. I dreamt of the yummy sausage, making my stomach growl again. My mouth began to water. I wanted that sausage so much, it hurt. I felt myself whine in my sleep for it, but I didn't wake up. At least, not yet.

A large nip in my rear was what woke me up. That damn gray wolf. I turned and snarled at him. his eyes were shining with cruel humor. He went around his cage again, getting the other wolves' attention once again. I snarled at him. Wakey, wakey, darlin'. he chuckled.

I stayed still as he circled back to my side. I narrowed my eyes. When he poked his nose through, I swiftly turned around and grabbed it in my mouth, pulling back with it. His loud cry of pain is what brought the guard's eyes over to us. I heard yells and shouts, but I ignored them.

I was too busy trying to rip this wolf's throat out, and he knew it. I kept bitting him, not allowing him to retreat to the safety of his cage. I felt his blood pour out of the many wounds I had inflicted. He ripped his nose out of my grip, making a long gash on his snout. I couldn't end it there. He needed to be tought a lesson.

I bit a bar, pulling on it. It bent easily under my teeth. I kept pulling, and it finally gave way. I was about to jump through, when I heard the door open to my cage. Uh oh. I had finally snapped out of it. I lowered myself to the ground, and turned around. My eyes widened at the site of the alpha.

Alpha Crone Grez walked into my cage confidentley, glaring down at me.