Chapter 12

Crone's stoney face flashed over my eyes every time I blinked. The way he looked at me sent chills down my spine. I heard him slowly approaching, and I wanted to get out of there. Even though that I didn't really have anywhere to go, I ran through the house. 

I took the stairs by two's, just as Crone opens the front door. At the top of the stairs, I trip and land on my chest. The wind knocks clear out of my lungs, and I'm left crawling there, light headed. Crone takes the stairs after me. He placed his hands under my arms and lifted me onto my feet.

"I will be sleeping on the couch this week." he said deeply. I turn my head to see his eyes a darker gold, his wolf trying to come out and answer my heat's call. His face was pulled back in consentration, keeping his wolf under control. Nervously, I nod and shrink away from him to the wall.

Crone stared at me as he walked by into his room. He rustled around for a few minutes, where as I stared at the wood floor. I kept my gaze low when he went back down the stairs, a felt blanket trailing at his feet. I waited for him to settle into the couch before I moved.

Scurrying into the bedroom, I shut the door behind me softly. I put my head in my hands, taking deep breaths. Just like I had done on the night of the big pack party. I shake my head. I can't think of that right now. I scold myself. Tiredly, I walked over to the bed and plopped down. 

Tears began to silently fall down my cheeks. Crone had scared me. The way he had looked at me was frightening. It looked like he had wanted to pleasure himself, even if I didn't want him to. But I was more afraid of how much I had liked it.

 That night, I had slept so soundly that I didn't remember my dream once I woke up. I think it had something to do with the marshmellow man from Ghostbusters. I sat up and immediatley felt the pain from my heat. I held my stomach until it passed slightly, and stood shakily.

I krept out of the room and to the edge of the stairs. I didn't hear anything, and Crone's scent was dull. He must've woken up early. I thought, limping over to the kitchen. I dug through the cabinets to make myself some cereal. All he had was Rice Krispies, and those things tasted like soggy paper. With a snort of disgust, I tossed everything back in their places and flopped onto the couch.

Tilly. It was Maka, which made me grin. Hello! I said happily. Some rouges are trying to attack Crone's pack. He's going to be really grumpy and it'll be hard for him to keep his wolf under control. he warned. I frowned. Okay... Can I come over now? I asked cautiously, then excitedly. Maka huffed at me.

Take a shower first. It'll get rid off most of your scent. he finally said after a few moments in silence. Yay! I laughed, running back up the stairs to get my clothes from the closet. I grabbed a blue tank top, under garments, and some blue skinny jeans.

Once I got my clothes gathered in a ball, I hurry to the bathroom and get the water started. Closing off my mind, I stripped and waited for the water to get warm enough. I scrubbed everything that I could with Crone's body wash so the males would possibly think twice, even if they didn't pinpoint who's wash it was. I even scrubbed my hair with his shampoo and conditioner.

Once out, I towel dried my hair and ran my fingers through it. Now that it was at my shoulders, it was a little harder to maintain, but it was still easier than last year. After I pulled on my clothes and double checked myself in the mirror, I ran downstairs and out the door. I slowed down, though, so it didn't look like I was that desperate. I think it was the heat that made my feet walk a little faster.

By the time I got to his cage, Maka was already waiting for me on the side that had no other cages blocking the way to the forest. Boy, you stink. Maka said, curling his nose. I frown down at him. "In a 'all the boys want you' or 'you smell like the alpha'?" I ask for him to clarify. The second one. he grumbled, laying down along the side of the bars.

I shrugged. "I suppose that's a good thing. His body wash is pretty strong. And smelly." I gripe, but inside I knew I actually liked it. Maka only snorts, closing his bright blue eyes. "What happened to the wolf who kept pestering when I tried to sleep?" I sighed, poking his back with a finger.

Maka swished his tail in annoyance, but chuckled. That wolf hadn't just got a beating from being accused of giving the rouges vital pack information. Which, by the way, I did not. They're the wolves who tried to skin my pelt off my back. he said calmly. I raised my eyebrows with worry. "Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked.

Again, Maka chuckled. Nothing I can't handle. No biggie. I nudged his back, grumbling. "No biggie my ass..." I huffed. Oh, I didn't know alpha lineage was able to have feelings. he joked, using his elbow to prop his head upright. I nudged him again. "Doesn't mean I'm an alpha." I sighed.

"Was Crone so grumpy yesterday because of those wolves?" I asked, changing the subject. Maka nodded slightly. "I thought he was just on his man period or something." I grumbled, and Maka barked out a laugh. Why do girls always say that when a guy is going through a stressful time, he's on his man period? 

I shrugged, turning around to face him instead of leaning against the cage's bars. His nose twitched slightly, and his eyes narrowed. You should head back. The soap's wearing off. I pouted at him but nodded. "Okay." I huffed, gathering my feet beneath me. Maka sat up and faced me.

Usually when friends part, they hug each other. he joked, but to his surprise, and what led to my demise, I did it anyway. I was able to fit between the bars if a turned a certain way, and gave him a hug. To my surprise, he quickly drew away. When I looked at him, I noticed a shadow cast over us.

Firm hands grabbed my waist, and turned me around. I caught a glimpse of Crone's infuriated face before he lifted me over his shoulder again. I lay there like a rag doll, staring back at Maka, who did the same, but with a bit more worry in his eyes. I like to say that he knew what had happened next, but didn't say anything until I did, as to not cause me any sorrow.